Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CNN is reporting a mass shooting

Does anyone know for sure if this was a gun free school? There is a poster at another site that swears that it was not
    GFZ and is arguing the point.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    Does anyone know for sure if this was a gun free school? There is a poster at another site that swears that it was not

Even if it was legal to carry there, a right is useless if it goes unexercised. Not only should there be no legal hindrance to carrying any and everywhere, but our leadership should be actively calling on the citizenry to arm and train themselves. The President should have said it was a shame that multiple individuals weren't legally carrying in class.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    I posted this earlier as I looked into this.

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    No. A court case back in 2011 said that Oregon state could not ban CCW holders from having their firearms on public college campuses but the public colleges could determine whether firearms were allowed inside their buildings. Because this was a community college that court order appears to not be binding (not sure why, but it has something to do with governance) and the Umpqua Community College was posted as a "Guns Free Zone". At a state school a CCW holder could have their firearm on campus as long as they did not take it into a building (where it would be of most use). Before going to class the firearm would have to be locked in a car or somewhere else where it would be inaccessible during class. Here is a link that provides a better explanation (http://www.vocativ.com/news/236421/t...on-campus-laws). So, the NBC story is right and wrong all at the same time. I should become a reporter as I at least know how to do basic research (not aimed at you Nut, but at lousy, biased, reporting which has become the hallmark of the MSM).
    I have since read a little more and the Umpqua Community College declared itself a "Gun Free Zone" and students were given, as part of their new student orientation information, the schools policy on weapons in general. This policy banned guns (firearms, BB guns, squirt guns etc), knives with a blade or 4", and mace/pepper spray (is the spray was used incorrectly). You could not face criminal charges if you violated the schools policy though you could face disciplinary action from the school (ie. be expelled). As I wrote before, while people saying that it was not illegal to have guns on campus they are technically correct, they are also ignoring the actual rules of the school.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    The story is the alleged shooter went to each victim and asked what religion they were, and if christian to stand up. He then told them they were going to meet god in about one second. I imagine this guy is 0bamas hero, what with allegedly murdering christians and providng needed drama for antigun measures.

Also;
    Chicago police face overwhelming gun crime as 45 people shot over weekend
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ce-nine-killed

Not one word from 0bama on this weekly tragedy.

Why?
    A liberal atheist coworker was ranting about the shooting today and was wondering out loud when was the next shooting going to happen. I asked him well, what about Chicago? He just waved his hand dismissing my question and I called him a racist. You should have seen the look on his face!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kekaha View Post
    A liberal atheist coworker was ranting about the shooting today and was wondering out loud when was the next shooting going to happen. I asked him well, what about Chicago? He just waved his hand dismissing my question and I called him a racist. You should have seen the look on his face!
    Yeah. Chicago has had over 300 gun-related deaths since Jan. 1 (45 just last month) and no one is even questioning it.

(The reason for ignoring this is that ALL the big, crime-ridden cities are the ones with the most restrictive gun laws in place AND are governed by democrats. The dims don't want these facts to become known.)
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kekaha View Post
    Priceless!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I posted this earlier as I looked into this.

I have since read a little more and the Umpqua Community College declared itself a "Gun Free Zone" and students were given, as part of their new student orientation information, the schools policy on weapons in general. This policy banned guns (firearms, BB guns, squirt guns etc), knives with a blade or 4", and mace/pepper spray (is the spray was used incorrectly). You could not face criminal charges if you violated the schools policy though you could face disciplinary action from the school (ie. be expelled). As I wrote before, while people saying that it was not illegal to have guns on campus they are technically correct, they are also ignoring the actual rules of the school.
    Thank you. I must have over looked the earlier post. Sorry. But your info was exactly what I am looking for. It is, but it isn't, but it is. You can but you can't.
    So the campus is responsible for the safety of the people they disarmed. I really do not see it any differently than slipping on the floor at a store.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234