Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 27 Ways to be a Modern Man (AKA a metrosexual)

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

27 Ways to be a Modern Man (AKA a metrosexual)

What a pathetic list. According to this list, the "modern man" is a pussy - a neutered, city-slicking, meek, weak, left-wing individual who cries profusely when he breaks a nail while standing in line for his cappuccino. I prefer to remain a manly troglodyte than a sensitive pile of labia.

27 Ways to Be a Modern Man

By BRIAN LOMBARDI - SEPT. 29, 2015

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/02/fa...-man.html?_r=0

Being a modern man today is no different than it was a century ago. It’s all about adhering to principle. Sure, fashion, technology and architecture change over time, as do standards of etiquette, not to mention ways of carrying oneself in the public sphere. But the modern man will take the bits from the past that strike him as relevant and blend them with the stuff of today.

1. When the modern man buys shoes for his spouse, he doesn’t have to ask her sister for the size. And he knows which brands run big or small.

2. The modern man never lets other people know when his confidence has sunk. He acts as if everything is going swimmingly until it is.

3. The modern man is considerate. At the movie theater, he won’t munch down a mouthful of popcorn during a quiet moment. He waits for some ruckus.

4. The modern man doesn’t cut the fatty or charred bits off his fillet. Every bite of steak is a privilege, and it all goes down the hatch.

5. The modern man won’t blow 10 minutes of his life looking for the best parking spot. He finds a reasonable one and puts his car between the lines.

6. Before the modern man heads off to bed, he makes sure his spouse’s phone and his kids’ electronic devices are charging for the night.

7. The modern man buys only regular colas, like Coke or Dr Pepper. If you walk into his house looking for a Mountain Dew, he’ll show you the door.

8. The modern man uses the proper names for things. For example, he’ll say “helicopter,” not “chopper” like some gauche simpleton.

9. Having a daughter makes the modern man more of a complete person. He learns new stuff every day.

10. The modern man makes sure the dishes on the rack have dried completely before putting them away.

11. The modern man has never “pinned” a tweet, and he never will.

12. The modern man checks the status of his Irish Spring bar before jumping in for a wash. Too small, it gets swapped out.

13. The modern man listens to Wu-Tang at least once a week.

14. The modern man still jots down his grocery list on a piece of scratch paper. The market is no place for his face to be buried in the phone.

15. The modern man has hardwood flooring. His children can detect his mood from the stamp of his Kenneth Cole oxfords.

16. The modern man lies on the side of the bed closer to the door. If an intruder gets in, he will try to fight him off, so that his wife has a chance to get away.

17. Does the modern man have a melon baller? What do you think? How else would the cantaloupe, watermelon and honeydew he serves be so uniformly shaped?

18. The modern man has thought seriously about buying a shoehorn.

19. The modern man buys fresh flowers more to surprise his wife than to say he is sorry.

20. On occasion, the modern man is the little spoon. Some nights, when he is feeling down or vulnerable, he needs an emotional and physical shield.

21. The modern man doesn’t scold his daughter when she sneezes while eating an apple doughnut, even if the pieces fly everywhere.

22. The modern man still ambles half-naked down his driveway each morning to scoop up a crisp newspaper.

23. The modern man has all of Michael Mann’s films on Blu-ray (or whatever the highest quality thing is at the time).

24. The modern man doesn’t get hung up on his phone’s battery percentage. If it needs to run flat, so be it.

25. The modern man has no use for a gun. He doesn’t own one, and he never will.

26. The modern man cries. He cries often.

27. People aren’t sure if the modern man is a good dancer or not. That is, until the D.J. plays his jam and he goes out there and puts on a clinic.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Some of those don't jive with others. Some of those traits are good. But I will agree the modern hipster chic (white wimpy style) is way overplayed now days .

The list isn't all bad, like said, some things are pussified other things are good. My take;
    1. No way no how am I buying my wife fucking shoes, that's her job.
    2 True, don't go around acting like a pussy.
    3 You should be considerate and not a total uncouth prick, I wouldn't hesistate to eat popcorn during a movie though. I might even try to sneak a fart during a loud scene.
    4. Depends on the steak and how the the fat is, I'm not going to spend 10 minutes trying to chew up a piece of gristle when the good meat is getting cold.
    5 I park as far away from the entrace as possible because I don't want people to door ding my shit.
    6 Like number 1, not my fucking job.
    7 True, but Dr Pepper isn't a cola and this mother fucker should know that.
    8 I agree with this one, I hate the fucking shortened names for stuff everyone uses now like "reno" instead of renovation.
    9 Don't have a daughter so don't know.
    10 See No 1. Why would I have gotten married if I still wanted to put dishes away.
    11 don't know what a tweet is, does he mean twat? I pin that shit all the time then.
    12 Nope, use that mother fucker till it disappears, that shit cost money.
    13 what a bitch, wu tang? no fucking way. Def Leppard more like it.
    14 Grocery Shopping = wifes job, didn't get married for nothing.
    15 Who is kenneth cole and why should I give a fuck. I bet this pussy has Pergo and probably doesn't know what real hardwood even looks like.
    16 I do this, wife actually demands it, happens to be the side with the gun so I'm happy anyway.
    17 What the fuck is a melon baller, I take it that I don't have one?
    18 Nope, I don't wear faggoty shoes so I don't need a shoe horn.
    19 Sometimes.
    20 Delicate moments between a man and his wife are no one elses fucking business.
    21 don't have a daughter but if I did that bitch had better get to cleaning up doughtnut pieces
    22 balls to the wall mother fucker.
    23 I had to look this one up; I have Heat, it is great.
    24 I'm not tied to my phone 24/7 some days I leave that shit at home.
    25 hahahahahah FUCK YOU.
    26 Not a pussy, no need to cry. Came close when my son was born, that's a special circumstance.
    27 a DJ wouldn't play my jam and I don't think head banging is considered dancing.

Good points Napots.

WuTang. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    The list isn't all bad, like said, some things are pussified other things are good. My take;
    1. No way no how am I buying my wife fucking shoes, that's her job.
    2 True, don't go around acting like a pussy.
    3 You should be considerate and not a total uncouth prick, I wouldn't hesistate to eat popcorn during a movie though. I might even try to sneak a fart during a loud scene.
    4. Depends on the steak and how the the fat is, I'm not going to spend 10 minutes trying to chew up a piece of gristle when the good meat is getting cold.
    5 I park as far away from the entrace as possible because I don't want people to door ding my shit.
    6 Like number 1, not my fucking job.
    7 True, but Dr Pepper isn't a cola and this mother fucker should know that.
    8 I agree with this one, I hate the fucking shortened names for stuff everyone uses now like "reno" instead of renovation.
    9 Don't have a daughter so don't know.
    10 See No 1. Why would I have gotten married if I still wanted to put dishes away.
    11 don't know what a tweet is, does he mean twat? I pin that shit all the time then.
    12 Nope, use that mother fucker till it disappears, that shit cost money.
    13 what a bitch, wu tang? no fucking way. Def Leppard more like it.
    14 Grocery Shopping = wifes job, didn't get married for nothing.
    15 Who is kenneth cole and why should I give a fuck. I bet this pussy has Pergo and probably doesn't know what real hardwood even looks like.
    16 I do this, wife actually demands it, happens to be the side with the gun so I'm happy anyway.
    17 What the fuck is a melon baller, I take it that I don't have one?
    18 Nope, I don't wear faggoty shoes so I don't need a shoe horn.
    19 Sometimes.
    20 Delicate moments between a man and his wife are no one elses fucking business.
    21 don't have a daughter but if I did that bitch had better get to cleaning up doughtnut pieces
    22 balls to the wall mother fucker.
    23 I had to look this one up; I have Heat, it is great.
    24 I'm not tied to my phone 24/7 some days I leave that shit at home.
    25 hahahahahah FUCK YOU.
    26 Not a pussy, no need to cry. Came close when my son was born, that's a special circumstance.
    27 a DJ wouldn't play my jam and I don't think head banging is considered dancing.
    I'd say you hit the nail on the head with all 27 points.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    WuTang. Lol
    I had to do a search to find out what Wu Tang is... no wonder I didn't know.
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

i am guilty of
    1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 13, 16, 19.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

Number 25 empties the man points into the negative. EVERY man should have a gun and be proficient with it.

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

All replies true, but then, we're talking metro sexual not REAL MAN!

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman View Post
    Number 25 empties the man points into the negative. EVERY man should have a gun and be proficient with it.
    Just one!?!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

Ignoring #25 will give you better odds for #16.

In fact, this guy is probably crying in #26 because he didn't have a gun in #25 when some dude kicked his ass and made him watch his wife get raped in #16.

Also in #4 - nothing is a fucking privilege. If I'm paying the bill, I'll do whatever the fuck I want with the steak.
    Last edited by nfa1934; 10-03-2015 at 10:56 PM.
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

25. The modern man has no use for a gun. He doesn’t own one, and he never will.
    I know some of these people. I have written them off as hopeless girly-men.

WTF is Wu-Tang? Anything like Poon-Tang?

I am the master of my fate
    I am the captain of my soul

"(The Second Amendment) isn't a law but an enumerated right, a right that we cannot allow to be corralled to make politicians and ant-gun fanatics happy." ~Old Grump

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    Just one!?!
    There is an old saying: Beware the man with just one gun. He's probably very good with it.

Haha, that article pretty much explains my exact thoughts on this list.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Wu-Tang clan ain't nothin' to fuck with.

"I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

What a pile of Rap - Crap!

Uh oh... send this one to the 36 Chambers for re-education.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    Some of those don't jive with others. Some of those traits are good. But I will agree the modern hipster chic (white wimpy style) is way overplayed now days .

Agreed. #9 is SO true......

9. Having a daughter makes the modern man more of a complete person. He learns new stuff every day.

When my daughter was born, I bought more guns. Bigger guns. And lots of ammo for them.

So true also is #21:

21. The modern man doesn’t scold his daughter when she sneezes while eating an apple doughnut, even if the pieces fly everywhere.
    When she lets out a large belching burp and rattles the windows, I praise her. Why would I scold her for hacking up pieces of a doughnut?
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast