Thread: What's On Your Bucket List?

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

What's On Your Bucket List?

I just have a few:

To see, and walk, in the Rockies;

To see the Grand Canyon:

To pan for gold in a place known to have some gold;

To be part of a fossil dig;

To have met and talked to Werner von Braun (can't do that now as he's dead); and,

To visit a volcano (hopefully, inactive at the time of my visit).
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Just hopefully to retire by next August with out breaking some ones neck at work be for I leave! It's going to be tough! If I make it then I will do the list.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    I just have a few:

To see, and walk, in the Rockies;

To see the Grand Canyon:

To pan for gold in a place known to have some gold;

To be part of a fossil dig;

To have met and talked to Werner von Braun (can't do that now as he's dead); and,

To visit a volcano (hopefully, inactive at the time of my visit).
    The great Kikauea in Hawaii has been in a continuous state of eruption since the early 1980s and being a non-explosive volcano provide a great way to safely visit an active volcano.

Kilauea4.jpg

Sorry about the size, that is how it uploaded, just click on it. I took that photo from a copter out of Hilo, Big Island. Depending on weather and winds you can see the lava in the caldera as well as it glowing in the tubes on the way to the ocean, where it creates a spectacular display of steam as it builds onto the island.

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

i hate the whole concept. life is for living. you could die tomorrow, youre alive today, dont waste it. if you really want to do it, DO IT!. dont be the wishy washy procrastinator with the "ehh, maybe someday" bullshit. if thats how you feel then you really dont want it. if you want it, do it before its too late.

thers an old proverb that goe something like, we spend all of our health trying to make money, then we spen all of our money trying to get our health back. too many ppl waste their life in teh pursuit of the dollar and take no time to enjoy it.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deth502 View Post
    i hate the whole concept. life is for living. you could die tomorrow, youre alive today, dont waste it. if you really want to do it, DO IT!. dont be the wishy washy procrastinator with the "ehh, maybe someday" bullshit. if thats how you feel then you really dont want it. if you want it, do it before its too late.

thers an old proverb that goe something like, we spend all of our health trying to make money, then we spen all of our money trying to get our health back. too many ppl waste their life in teh pursuit of the dollar and take no time to enjoy it.
    That's what a bucket list is; things you want to do, but haven't had the opportunity to do yet. It's kind of like a to-do list of things you want to accomplish before you are no longer able to do them. It's kind of like "unfinished" business.

Now that I'm retired, I'm going to start working on accomplishing some, if not all, of them.

If I don't accomplish them, it's not a big deal. These are just some things I'd like to do before I will no longer be able to do them.

As you said, if it's something you really wanted to do, you'd have done it by now. I agree. However, these are just some of the things I've had to put on the "back burner" for a while because of other priorities (work, family, bills, other commitments, wife's health, etc.). My time is much freer now and I hope to get some of these things done.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Pay off house.
    Retire.
    Finish the AT.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2014 Hatedbysheeple's Avatar

Bow hunt a grizzly
    Skin the grizzly
    Turn it into a rug
    Put it front of a fire place
    Have sex on said rug
    Initial Success or Total Failure

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

To find a chick far out of my league, snort a rail off her tits and rut like beasts.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

First item is to purchase a bucket. After that I'm just gonna wing it. After 18 countries, 48 states and five Canadian provinces I've already seen and done my fair share. I've met the perfect woman and married her. Owned the best dog a man could ask for. Got a lovely daughter and two of the prettiest, nicest granddaughters a grandpa could ask for and more guns and ammo than I can enjoy in ten life times. Perhaps the only item I really need on my list is one, "Be Thankful".
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell