Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cricket, cricket...

Been working on a silencer project.

Teaser. . .

US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Of all the other AK sites that I visit,AK Forum,AR15-AK site,AK files,the files has really had a big influx of your top vendors. Also AK forum has some good ones also. No vendors no traffic. Even our for sale section is a ghost town! It is what it is.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    Of all the other AK sites that I visit,AK Forum,AR15-AK site,AK files,the files has really had a big influx of your top vendors. Also AK forum has some good ones also. No vendors no traffic. Even our for sale section is a ghost town! It is what it is.

Sponsors pay for shit. More money isn't going to bring more people here. Our old members left and were dispersed to all the other gun forums, and no amount of sponsorship is bringing them back. We could try to get brand new members, but unfortunately I think the majority of the expertise on this board is in areas outside of the scope of the questions that many new gun owners would be asking. We've essentially become like a club for the long time members who are just friendly enough to want and stay and chat with each other.

Gun ownership and shooting have become more popular than ever, and I think we are lying to ourselves if we say that the reason no one posts here is because no one is shooting. This forum has gained a reputation for drama (before it ever got shut down), and the expertise of our most knowledgeable members are in completely different fields, which prevents this site from specializing in a single topic such as AKs and C&R, like it used to be.

I was going to try and come up with suggestions to bring people back, but maybe this is the way things are meant to be. I never chat it up with people on other forums I go to. I go there, read about guns, look at the pictures, and leave. This is pretty much the only place I chat with "strangers".
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    So you're assuming since you're just "pretty sure". I'd say the only thing "offputting" is your attitude towards staff, myself in particular and anyone with a differing viewpoint. No "bootlicking" but there may be a boot showing up quite soon.
    So traffic is slowing down and you want to boot a long time member because of a dissenting view ? not sure as to why the board has slowed but my plate is overflowing these days and keeps me to every once in a while posting.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

The two biggest reasons people left this board have been banned. Probably a little too late.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    So traffic is slowing down and you want to boot a long time member because of a dissenting view ?
    Not because of a dissenting view but because they cannot express a dissenting view a civilized manner. As noted attacking board staff if you disagree with them is not allowed. Disagreement is allowed, personal attacks are not. As Funky notes one of the reasons for lowering traffic is because of pointed, personal attacks (drama) from one member against another, in most cases this is done by long time members. That we don't ban people quickly is to our credit. As has been pointed out to me sometimes our patience is to our hurt.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post

Teaser. . .
    Looking forward to the full post!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    Not because of a dissenting view but because they cannot express a dissenting view a civilized manner. As noted attacking board staff if you disagree with them is not allowed. Disagreement is allowed, personal attacks are not. As Funky notes one of the reasons for lowering traffic is because of pointed, personal attacks (drama) from one member against another, in most cases this is done by long time members. That we don't ban people quickly is to our credit. As has been pointed out to me sometimes our patience is to our hurt.
    Okay, I don't get here as often as I used to and noticed things have changed and I loved this place because we talked like adults but I guess pc is taking over , I mean heaven forbid we hurt someone's delicate feelings.
    That's why I'm not doing the gun boards as much these days because of the uptight asshole behavior and quick bans for laying the harsh reality when it's so needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    mostly

i have no desire to get into religious/political discussions anymore cause it's 99% preaching to the choir.

Here is about the only place I do post anything political. I once posted a few political comments on politicalforum.com and received email threats from a forum administrator. The other gun forums are a joke claiming to take the "high road" and so forth in limiting political comments related to gun rights.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Teaser. . .

I'm "baffled" as to what the end product is going to look like...

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    When [Surly] and Krupski had a falling out, he left.

If I recall, Surly and I never got along - ever.

Then when this board went down the last time, Surly and others who "wouldn't be caught dead on my board" left and started their own.

Now there's a board called "The Roadhouse" which has Crapshoot, Surly, Gibby and a bunch of others that used to sniff each other's panties in our Roadhouse. I think it's down now. They're probably too busy fondling each other.

Honestly, I think our problem here is that ammo is expensive, more and more members can't even be caught outdoors with their once-legal rifles and those who still live in free states can't afford to spend $500 for a decent Saturday afternoon of shooting.

Cripes! I used to think $1.00 a round for .50 BMG was a lot. Now 5.56, 7.62, .308 and other calibers are near that price!!!

On weekends we used to blow off 1000 rounds of EACH caliber we brought, and we brought typically a few AR-15 rifles, a Kalashnikov, an SKS and a few pistols in 9mm, .45 or .22.

It wasn't uncommon to blast away 3000 rounds of ammo and 10 to 20 pounds of Tannerite.

To do that now would cost me $500 or more. Can't do that every warm Saturday like I used to.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Teaser. . .

Looks like a nozzle for a tiny rocket engine!
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Teaser. . .

Looks like one of my .20 pellets, but smoother and shiner. I think all the above would be a answer for the lull. As prices have gone up my interest has waned in shooting. I can't afford to replace what I shoot so I do not shoot. With the back problems, I have not worked in almost 2 yrs. and have been depending on my pension from the local. It is not a lot but I thank the maker for it. I am a member at ak forums and do read and post some but if I want to say or ask something, I deem important, I turn to you guys. But for the most part I am not posting anywhere.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Looks like a nozzle for a tiny rocket engine!
    Nope, stethoscope

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    Nope, stethoscope
    My first thought was a stainless steel spittoon. Glad he cleared that up.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12