Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

A little nostalgia

Have seen similar, this one reached me!

http://safeshare.tv/w/FEDEwZHZXu

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Meah.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

I was just a twinkle in my daddy's eye.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

He He I saw Rock Hudson kissin' a girl .

Quote Originally Posted by Tomac yokctep View Post
    He He I saw Rock Hudson kissin' a girl .
    That was Doris Day!

Ahh - the memories!
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

At 4:30 they showed an Esso gas station with .35/gal gas prices, um no, not in the 50s. I was only paying .39/gal for 104 octane leaded gas for my 69 Z28 in 1973. They were having "gas wars" in the 50s, i remember my dad paying .17/gal for regular....other than that, thanks for making me feel like an old fuck
    Last edited by davepool; 11-07-2015 at 11:19 PM.

Lol, all the hyperbole in that song regarding segregation and every large city in the US has multiple murders, black on black, every week, hell, every day. Isn't the future wonderful?
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    At 4:30 they showed an Esso gas station with .35/gal gas prices, um no, not in the 50s. I was only paying .39/gal for 104 octane leaded gas for my 69 Z28 in 1973. They were having "gas wars" in the 50s, i remember my dad paying .17/gal for regular....other than that, thanks for making me feel like an old fuck
    I remember growing up in the '50's and dad giving me 25 cents to go to the movies. 10 cents admission, 10 cents for a bag of popcorn, and 5 cents for a fountain Coke. Those were the days.....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    I was paying 32 cents in 1966 and I bought 200 gallons during a gas war for 17 cents. It was 1972 when the prices started going up, and in my area they are holding at about $2.50 And I am an old fuck!

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Very touching.I was born in '62 and things in my world were very much like this.In my entire neighborhood, no one's house was ever broken into. Nobody ever had a bike stolen. Things sure have changed.