Thread: Carter v. Forjas Taurus

Carter v. Forjas Taurus

This may be old news to some but I just read about this class action lawsuit. Google this case if you own a Taurus Millennium or Millennium Pro pistol. If a settlement is reached I plan to return my PT-111 Mill Pro for the $200. Aside from the potential safety concern, my PT-111 has frequent light primer strikes -- even after being sent back to Taurus for repair. I feel I was ripped off by Taurus on this gun and will never buy another Taurus firearm.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

It's news to me.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I have a ready for work Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro sitting inches from my keyboard. I have owned it since the Pro version first came out. I have fired several thousand rounds through it maintaining my proficiency and the only issue I have ever had with it was me learning it's sight picture. It has never failed to go bang with either the cheapest plinking round or the more expensive you don't want to be hit with this round.

So what is the problem? Where is a link to the story?

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    I have a ready for work Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro sitting inches from my keyboard. I have owned it since the Pro version first came out. I have fired several thousand rounds through it maintaining my proficiency and the only issue I have ever had with it was me learning it's sight picture. It has never failed to go bang with either the cheapest plinking round or the more expensive you don't want to be hit with this round.

So what is the problem? Where is a link to the story?
    There are so many links I hesitated to single out one or two in my initial post but here is a link.
    https://www.tauruscartersettlement.com/

I have an old double action only PT-145 and I love the gun. Accurate and several hundred rounds fired without malfunction. However, my PT-111 (SA/DA model) has been a total disaster with light primer strikes. As mentioned I had Taurus service the gun and also have cleaned the striker channel twice - to no avail. The alleged problem in the lawsuit is the gun discharging when dropped or bumped. I don't want to carry a gun with a round chambered and the striker cocked that may go off if I am bumped. At the very least an AD in public would be embarrassing. The claim may be bogus but if so why is Taurus reported to have made a 30 million dollar settlement.

If I do end up sending my PT-111 back for $200 (I guess I will know in February) I will be happy to send you my Crimson Trace PT-111 laser and my FIST Kydex holster that fits the gun/laser for free (if you want them) as I will have no further use for either.
    Last edited by jet3534; 11-06-2015 at 11:30 PM.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Thanks. I guess I am lucky that I have a good one, but I am not going to drop it on the floor to find out about if it goes off.

Thanks too for the link. I wonder what Taurus means when they agreed to modify or replace?

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Thanks. I guess I am lucky that I have a good one, but I am not going to drop it on the floor to find out about if it goes off.

Thanks too for the link. I wonder what Taurus means when they agreed to modify or replace?
    Everything about this lawsuit seems to be vague. I would like to know specifics about the alleged safety problem.