Thread: New clear GLOCK mags from ETS shipping soon - 17, 22, 31, 15, and 10-rounders

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

New clear GLOCK mags from ETS shipping soon - 17, 22, 31, 15, and 10-rounders

A while back Elite Tactical Systems (ETS) announced a transparent Glock 17 magazine they were testing. They are currently available for pre-order and there are a variety of capacities available - 10, 15, 17, 22, and 31-round. Pricing is $16.99 for the 17-rounder up to $21.99 for the 22 and 31-rounders. I may have to snatch up a handful of the 22 and 31 rounders at that price.

It looks like they are developing .40 S&W mags, as well.

http://www.etsgroup.us/ETS-Group-Glo...nes-s/1823.htm
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Kind of neat and the prices aren't bad if the quality is there. Is there anything else special about them other than they are clear? I didn't seen any specs listed to indicate they had special springs, followers, etc., like you see with AR and other mags. With flush fit mags I really don't see where being clear is much of a benefit unless you are grabbing a mag off the floor or something where you don't already know if's loaded or if you want to drop the mag and look at it then shove it back in.
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 11-06-2015 at 10:04 AM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    The only good thing I can see in a clear pistol mag is as Richard said, you lost count of rounds fired and want an easy way to see how many are left for battle.

I'm liking the 9mm 22-round option, as I like the Glock factory 22-rounders in .40 - extra capacity without being unwieldy.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I wonder if they; 1. bulge when fully loaded making it necessary to hand extract the full magazine or 2. experience feed lip creep and distortion. Can you leave it loaded for years and it still holds the rounds in. Factory mags are metal lined.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

http://www.etsgroup.us/ETS-Group-Glock-Magazines-s/1823.htm
    ^^^^ Thats what its for. To look cool in your non-glocks.

I bet the 31 rounder would look pretty cool in a gen-2 Sub-2000.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Nothing wrong with cool looking accessories as long as they're functional.

BISHOP

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    I wonder if they; 1. bulge when fully loaded making it necessary to hand extract the full magazine or 2. experience feed lip creep and distortion. Can you leave it loaded for years and it still holds the rounds in. Factory mags are metal lined.
    Found this:

MAG FEATURES

Fits the Glock 17, 18, 19, 26, and 34
    Standard 17-round capacity
    Compatible with Glock and aftermarket floorplates
    Easy disassembly with our specially designed baseplate
    Ergonomically designed floorplate makes it easy to grab from mag pouches

ADVANCED POLYMER BENEFITS

Extreme Impact Resistance—won’t crack or break when dropped
    Very resistant to harsh chemicals
    Superior heat, cold and UV resistance—won’t become brittle over time even when exposed to harsh environments or extreme cold
    Translucent body—allowing you to see your ammo count and type
    Creep resistant—the feed lips and body won’t spread when being stored long term even when fully loaded
    Time will tell, though. The one Magpul G17 mag I have been using as a range mag is holding up well. I still only trust factory Glock mags for carry duty at the moment, however.