Thread: Broke a Glock Magazine

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Broke a Glock Magazine

I have (had) a magazine for my Glock that would jam when loading at about the sixth or seventh round. It would just stick tight and not move any farther. I looked up on line how to disassemble the magazine to see if I could fix it, and well, I did. In trying to take it apart I broke the base plate. There was definitely something wrong with the magazine as I was able to take apart 2 other Glock mags without a problem. Not sure what was the matter with it but I think I will just replace it.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Photos would be useful to help you figure it out. Did your mag have the side lugs to lock in the base plate? Those are flaming bitch to take apart without a special tool to compress the sides just above those lugs. I made one up out of a Vice Grip Clamp tool. Ground the clamp ends down thinner so I could fit them just above those lugs.

Was it a Glock mag or a clone?
    The post doesn't make that clear.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

All were Glock mags and they all have the side lugs. No pictures will be coming as the mag is already disposed of. The base plate would not push into the mag like was shown on the instructional videos or as was able to be done with my other mags. I also inspected the body of the mag and the mag follower and could not see in deformities that would cause the mag to stick. It was a California 10 round mag anyway so no big loss. I will be moving back to Washington state within the year and am going to replace all my 10 round CA mags with real 15 round Glock mag anyway, so it is not a big loss. I was more surprised at how hard it was to disassemble a Glock mag as compared to other, older mags I have worked with.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member