Thread: Acheived a Goal today.

Acheived a Goal today.

For years I have been wanting to harvest a deer with one of my C&R rifles. Today I took a doe at about 50 yards with a 1938 Russian Capture K98.

Son and I went out early and froze our butts off. We did see some deer on the ridge line early. Too dark and too far away. We broke for an early lunch at 10am. Stan was in the truck warming up and I decided to walk the half mile cabin road to the main road. I almost neared the end when I saw the deer jump up and run off a ways. I took off the safety. Aimed and one shot drop. Not the biggest deer ever killed, but. I achieved a goal that I had set out for myself. Stan wasn't jealous, he was actually pretty happy that I was able to take a deer with a relic. For the past two years I have carried this rifle while he hunted with a scoped rifle.

I wish that he could have gotten a deer today, but as he put it. It was just fun spending some time together. I will try to post a picture once I figure how to post if from my phone.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Congrats on the deer. Now, go back and shoot about 20 more....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Congrats on the deer. Now, go back and shoot about 20 more....
    When I had the time. I used to bow, rifle, and muzzleloader hunt. It would be nothing to take 10 or more deer. There were years that we never ate any other red meat. Now I am lucky to get out the few days that I can. Going to be a busy week at work. Next week my spare time is designated to a charity event. By the time that I do have free time. Hunting season is over.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Congrats on the C&R harvest of the deer. Looking to see the photos.

Congrats on the deer. I haven't shot a deer in over (maybe) 6 years. The last one I shot was with my Milled SLR-100 AK.
    Where I live I only see them in the summer but never during the season.

BISHOP

I see a dozen or more at a time on the front yard. But, I can't shoot them here. Normally we do see more in the woods, but that is why they call it hunting.

Ok that being done....what is next? Glad this happened for you. Thank whom ever for the deer.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    Ok that being done....what is next? Glad this happened for you. Thank whom ever for the deer.

I always ask for a safe and successful hunt. Afterwards I say my thanks. Either for bringing me home safe, harvesting a deer. Watching over my family or a combination of all. I always give thanks. Next outing I am going to bring a M1 Garand.

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

Congrats on both the deer and the method of taking it!