Thread: Local Terrorist Group Sued

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Local Terrorist Group Sued

PETA, an animal rights terrorist group, is being sued for stealing and killing a pet dog. I think $9.7 million should help drive home the point...

This happened about 50 miles from where I live. It made big news at the time. The evidence is that the family caught the whole thing on security camera.

I guess killing animals is considered ethical.

I hope the court sides with the family. It's about time this "untouchable" terrorist group got some of its own medicine.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2592552/pet...h-and-kill-it/
    Last edited by alismith; 11-28-2015 at 10:45 PM.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

That's sick and twisted. But that's Liberals for you.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

PETA is going to review and change its practices. Why would they even have a practice of dog-snatching from someone's porch? What were they thinking? Wait, don't answer that, I really don't want to know. I think it would remove IQ points from me if I tried to understand.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

The problem is that they'll have to prove that PETA leadership authorized it. PETA will just say that a few of their members went rogue and did it on their own, which may be true. If a nutcase is a member of the local Baptist Church and goes on a shooting rampage at the abortion clinic, it would be difficult to hold the church liable.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Gotta love the twisted "ethics" of that group of loonies.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charliebravo View Post
    The problem is that they'll have to prove that PETA leadership authorized it. PETA will just say that a few of their members went rogue and did it on their own, which may be true. If a nutcase is a member of the local Baptist Church and goes on a shooting rampage at the abortion clinic, it would be difficult to hold the church liable.
    Yep, but the individuals can be held personally liable and i hope the courts do. Helping the neighborhood with stray dogs doesn't include snatching one off someones porch.

Like alismith said, what the fuck is ethical about killing stray dogs?

My daughter works with a group that places abused and neglected dogs into loving homes, euthanization is never an option
    Last edited by davepool; 11-29-2015 at 12:15 AM.

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charliebravo View Post
    Except that PETA does have a program to pick up and euthanize dogs, and these two were a part of said program. It's easy to argue that this was an approved PETA program, applied maliciously by two members of said program to a family's beloved pet.

Your Church/abortion clinic analogy would be more accurate if the hypothetical Baptist Church had an abortion clinic shooting program, and two members of the program shot up an abortion clinic. Not too much of a stretch to tie the Church to the shooting, and not too much of a stretch to tie PETA to the killing of a dog by two members of their dog killing program.
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

Quote Originally Posted by nfa1934 View Post
    Except that PETA does have a program to pick up and euthanize dogs, and these two were a part of said program. It's easy to argue that this was an approved PETA program, applied maliciously by two members of said program to a family's beloved pet.

Your Church/abortion clinic analogy would be more accurate if the hypothetical Baptist Church had an abortion clinic shooting program, and two members of the program shot up an abortion clinic. Not too much of a stretch to tie the Church to the shooting, and not too much of a stretch to tie PETA to the killing of a dog by two members of their dog killing program.
    It's one thing to find and catch a dog that's roaming in the woods or in a city neighborhood, but to trespass on private property and take a dog off someone's porch, that wasn't roaming around, is another.

These two members were, clearly, in violation of any program permit issued by VA, and they, along with the group they were working for at the time, should be held liable.

They, clearly, overstepped the authority allowed by their permit.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    It's one thing to find and catch a dog that's roaming in the woods or in a city neighborhood, but to trespass on private property and take a dog off someone's porch, that wasn't roaming around, is another.
    Especially one as scary and dangerous as an old Chihuahua. Of course, if they had tried to scoop up anything bigger it might have fought back and hurt them. Bullies.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Many of you may also remember that another PETA shelter (I think it was on the southeast coast) was exposed for euthanizing something like 80% + of the animals they took in, again w/o authorization and in shorter times than the law specified.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Many of you may also remember that another PETA shelter (I think it was on the southeast coast) was exposed for euthanizing something like 80% + of the animals they took in, again w/o authorization and in shorter times than the law specified.
    PETA is all hot air. They talk a good talk about taking care of animals, and then, when they steal animals from loving homes, they don't want to care for them...so, they kill them. Yet, they go around condemning others for killing animals. I guess killing them isn't considered mistreating them IF they are the ones doing the killing.

They remind me of Kad. He was all talk about how great it is for all these illegal alien kids coming in, yet when I told him that since he thought they were such a good idea, that he needed to adopt one of those homeless kids. Then, he made all kinds of excuses as to why he was unable to do that, yet, it was okay for others to have to put up with them. Hypocrite! Same as PETA.

Freedom isn't free.