Thread: test pictures from phone

test pictures from phone

20151130_105153.jpg sauce in the making.

Looks like it worked. Small though. Now I will try to post some pictures of my K98 Doe.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

It looks great - just click on it and you get the full size. Sauce huh? You cook it all down and add wine or something?

I remember the Frugal Gourmet (Jeff Smith... too bad he's a perv) talking about throwing your onion skins and trimmings into the pot and boiling them down to make onion base. Same thing I guess.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

I am making a roasted poultry/apple sauce. I am doing a local benefit (on my vacation) and this is part of the meal. I am currently roasting some turkey necks and then caramelizing some onions and carrots and adding it to the sauce. Cooking it down. It is a long process, but it is really really good.

OK this is taking me back.
    I remember you back in the day posting all kinds of dishes.
    Didn't know you were a chef till later but remember getting hungry many times reading those posts
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    OK this is taking me back.
    I remember you back in the day posting all kinds of dishes.
    Didn't know you were a chef till later but remember getting hungry many times reading those posts
    My first vacation all year, and I am doing a benefit dinner for a local library. So, after the kids get to school. In my own kitchen. Long story short. There is a spot opening in the butcher shop. Looks like a career change for me. Getting too old to be busting ass all day long on the line. It's for the younger crowd.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Nice. Sadly, I can never post pics on this site. It always tell me they're too big.

Altarboy, have you tried 'Light Image Resizer'. I use it.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    Nice. Sadly, I can never post pics on this site. It always tell me they're too big.
    If you use Windows, right click on your image and click "Open with ==> Paint". Click on the "select" icon which is a square made out of dashes. Go to the top menu and click on "Image" then click on "Resize/Skew" and type in 25 and 25 or 50 and 50 in the resize boxes. Click "save as" and save it as a smaller version of your original pic.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003