Thread: 18k for a semi auto AK?

18k for a semi auto AK?

Type 1 parts kit rifle. Found this at another site, and thought that I'd share.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=526963702

Good luck with that.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

If I were a multi-millionaire I'd be tempted, but I'm not, so I'm not.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

I guess that it has that extra pin as the safety stop?

18k would pay my house and all my bills off. Thanx for the pics but no thanx.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    $18K reserve not met.

Too bad we have to put up with these things, if only we had a law verifying the right of the people to keep and bear arms with no infringement, we could own the real deal for much much less.

Quote Originally Posted by El Duce View Post
    Type 1 parts kit rifle. Found this at another site, and thought that I'd share.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=526963702
    That IS a Truly RARE RIFLE. Holy cow. I didn't any of that variant still existed outside of RUSSIA and even then, they're mostly in War Museums.....

I think folks are being a little silly when implying that it is JUST a semi auto rifle. Sure, it's been emasculated by the US Government, but it still fires and it's one of those HOLY GRAIL type of finds for AK collectors.

I think this forum doesn't cater to the connoisseur gun collecting crowd. From what I can tell, most of you are just shooters.

I'm a little of both, shooter and collector. If I had the spare cash, I think about it, but only if I were swimming in money. I've seen Beverly Hills rich chicks blow that on a stupid designer Purse. I'd be going "I'd rather have an Uber rare AK than some stupid designer purse".....

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Rare or not, still too much money. It should be full auto for that.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Rare or not, still too much money. It should be full auto for that.
    +1. That's a really cool build, however: It might be my blue-collar mindset, but even if I was wealthy I wouldn't drop $20k on an AK unless it had a happy switch.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

This is my AMP69. That I know of there were 8 samples brought into the USA. Some remain as Post 86 Samples and 2 to 4 became kits. This is one of those complete with optic, sling and original mag. I can guarantee there were less of these made than Type 1's. I know of one person that has more than 7 type 1 kits (and no, they aren't for sale).

I have no delusion that this MORE rare variant would be worth anywhere near what he is asking... Not for the FA, but an all original, for being original and not a kit build would be worth what he is asking or at least close.
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post

This is my AMP69. That I know of there were 8 samples brought into the USA. Some remain as Post 86 Samples and 2 to 4 became kits. This is one of those complete with optic, sling and original mag. I can guarantee there were less of these made than Type 1's. I know of one person that has more than 7 type 1 kits (and no, they aren't for sale).

I have no delusion that this MORE rare variant would be worth anywhere near what he is asking... Not for the FA, but an all original, for being original and not a kit build would be worth what he is asking or at least close.

Wow that is cool.

I saw this posted somewhere else. Not knowing much about variants. I do know that it was rare. And those that can afford it. Might just spring for it.

El, I googled your rifle. Interesting!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post

Is that a pre-ban toe or somewhat modified to allow possession?
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

The toe is pre-ban and belongs to the original owner...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...