Thread: AR15s selling like hot cakes - again

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

AR15s selling like hot cakes - again

I've noticed AR receivers, parts, and rifles are drying up yet again. The panic doesn't seem like "full panic" yet, nonetheless, items are starting to sell out. Looks like we are currently at the point where there are still items available, but only from a limited selection. 2015 is going out with a bang for the gun industry thanks to the gun salesman of the century.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I've been seeing this since the night of the Paris attack, and especially since San Bernadine.

I'd grab another AR myself if I didn't already spend my gun money this year.

I got into .308 for the first time this year and I still need P-mag 25 rounders, M1-a mags, and .308 ammo.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

funny they haven't changed in price or availability here in Canada.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Canada's not really on the isis hit list is it?
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

No, from what I can find the problem in Canada is the RCMP breaking into homes
    and changing the rules when they see fit.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

RCI is just fucking with y'all. FYI, AR style rifles are completely unavailable in Canada in any form, neutered or otherwise, AFAIK.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    RCI is just fucking with y'all. FYI, AR style rifles are completely unavailable in Canada in any form, neutered or otherwise, AFAIK.
    Not sure who can buy them but Marstar has Norinco M4 clones for $600

http://www.marstar.ca/dynamic/category.jsp?catid=75212
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Not sure who can buy them but Marstar has Norinco M4 clones for $600

http://www.marstar.ca/dynamic/category.jsp?catid=75212
    Canada doesn't have a blanket ban on all guns by Norinco like the U.S. does. The U.S. barred all imports from Norinco back when Norinco tried to sneak in a bunch of AK variants that were not manufactured as original Semi auto rifles but were spot welded full auto surplus receivers from their military factory division (or that is supposedly the case). The guns were merely pinned full auto AKs, being passed off as factory semi auto rifles. The ATF's response is predictable since we all know that they will never allow full auto guns merely pinned to semi auto fire, to be allowed in as 'civilian' rifles. Norinco did not pull this stunt with the Canadians, so they can still buy guns from China. It was stupid greed on the part of the Chinese that really screwed over American gun owners.

Canada has severe restrictions on many long guns, but they have prohibited and restricted. the AR-15 variants can be bought but it's use is very restricted. You can only take it to a target range and that's it. Any other use is illegal. And the magazines are pinned to 5 shots (I think). They have restrictions on handguns that would make us Americans GAG.

Here in California, AR's pretty much dried up locally for me right after SB.

Just so happened I got two more stripped lowers so Im in no worry.

For us living behind the iron curtain, the biggest fear is ammo. I have spent over 4k in the last two years on just internet ammo sales...

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

I can own AR style rifles. They just have to be registered. Simple.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

We need at least 900 million and that would give three for about everyone.
    Distinguished Rifleman Smallbore Prone and Highpower Rifle, Presidents 100 (Rifle), Member US Palma Teams and US Dewar Teams. US Army Test and Evaluation Command - Certified Small Arms and Ammunition Test Director - Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD, NRA Member since age 12, NRA Benefactor, Charter Member International Wound Ballilstics Assn, Life Member Gun Owners of SC, Life Member Palmetto State Marksmen's Assn, Eagle Scout, Bhd OTA, Shriner, FF1, AC4HT,

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I think the industry is putting out 10 million of them each year.

Its good to see sales staying strong. The more the better.

I was just browsing parts kits and a lot of my go-to parts websites are sold out of AR lower parts. I swear the AR15 population has multiplied 20-fold since Maobama took over the throne.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    I was just browsing parts kits and a lot of my go-to parts websites are sold out of AR lower parts. I swear the AR15 population has multiplied 20-fold since Maobama took over the throne.
    That is because it is considered a "EVIL" weapon by the media that kills multiple people by just owning one. It's a fad. If the media was to say Winchester Model 70 in .308 was the devils most evil gun......people would be buying them off the shelves. I personally have never had the desire to own one.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman View Post
    That is because it is considered a "EVIL" weapon by the media that kills multiple people by just owning one. It's a fad. If the media was to say Winchester Model 70 in .308 was the devils most evil gun......people would be buying them off the shelves. I personally have never had the desire to own one.
    You're missing a fun and often very accurate weapon system. I use to snear at them, now I have 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    You're missing a fun and often very accurate weapon system. I use to snear at them, now I have 5.
    You sure are. There aren't too many other firearms that you can custom assemble in a couple of hours from a box full of parts.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Maybe one day.

I like mine too. But I have to say, if you've got a good AK or other similar tactical equivalent carbine, you're GTG.

The one big advantage of the AR is that it's America's favorite which means there will be more ammo, mags, accessories and parts available for them.