Thread: EO going after private sales?

EO going after private sales?

As I read this that is what I got.
    http://www3.blogs.rollcall.com/white...laws-holidays/
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    As soon as we become like England, with a hundred cameras at every street corner and driveway, and a hundred police in every parking lot, the feds led by King Barack can never put an end to private sales.

So much for freedom...

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

While I don't want any EO from this President for anything, least of all further infringement on the 2A I don't have an issue with defining "dealers". On one hand you have people that go through all the hoops to get their FFL and try to make a living selling firearms while on the other hand you have guys like the ones I see at every gun show selling 15-20+ guns every show from their "personal collections". We all know they are making a business of it without putting in the money, time and effort of the let FFL holder. I've heard/read Obama wants to use an EO to limit the number of private sales to something like 5, I don't recall if that's 5 a month, 5 a year or .....

Would that be a bad thing? With this President I'm inclined to say yes but is it really? I guess if you get right down to it we really don't need a new law or an EO, just enforce the existing laws regarding what constitutes dealing in firearms but even that definition is less than clear cut. What do you all think?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Actually there already is something in one of ATFs gazillion "rules" that in essence state that as long as you don't do it as a business, you don't need the license, but if you sell firearms for profit, the license is needed. That comes down to ATF doing their job and making sure the tax for making a profit on firearms is duly collected. By that logic, an executive order demanding ATF follow their rules would be legal, much like when Bush the First mandated ATF follow the sporting purpose clause of the new second amendment on imported long guns.

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

In Kalirado, any private sale already has to go through a FFL.......part of the 'common sense' shit from two years ago! IMO, it has changes nada.....just added to the pain in the butt!
    Dan