Thread: The media is going nuts on anti gun propaganda....

The media is going nuts on anti gun propaganda....

I know a bunch of you guys just ignore the media, but I think that's a mistake. They ARE on a mission to persuade, though LIES, a mindset that accepts that we do NOT have a right to firearms and that the 2nd Amendment doesn't mean what it plainly means.

Doesn't matter how well you know it. They're trying like hell to create a brainwashed new crop of low information voters

I can't count how many 'articles' I see which just make my blood boil. Case in point:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/samant...usaolp00000592

If the Second Amendment doesn't protect an individual right to own a gun, we don't need to repeal or amend it in order to establish major gun control laws. We must remember that this tale is the NRA's doing, not the Founders of the Constitution, and that it is rooted in fear. This fear is why the NRA staunchly opposes even minor firearms regulations today. We can and should move forward in enacting exactly what the pro-gun lobby is afraid of. We can't hide behind the Second Amendment anymore.
    I see distortions and outright false propaganda every day by some element of the mainstream media and tons of partisan left wing 'websites' on the net. Yahoo news feed features every single fucking anti gun hit job in it's NEWS STREAM every day. I've complained by they don't give a fuck.

They're on a jihad right now against guns. But the only bright spot is that it seems that more and more people are supporting gun rights, rather than listening to the bullshit being thrust upon them by the increasingly irrelevant MSM.

rant off: Thanks for listening

Tell them they do not have the right to abortions. National average 600+ murders by abortion
    a day in the United States. Drum that in, I do.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    I know a bunch of you guys just ignore the media, but I think that's a mistake. They ARE on a mission to persuade, though LIES, a mindset that accepts that we do NOT have a right to firearms and that the 2nd Amendment doesn't mean what it plainly means.

Doesn't matter how well you know it. They're trying like hell to create a brainwashed new crop of low information voters

I can't count how many 'articles' I see which just make my blood boil. Case in point:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/samant...usaolp00000592

I see distortions and outright false propaganda every day by some element of the mainstream media and tons of partisan left wing 'websites' on the net. Yahoo news feed features every single fucking anti gun hit job in it's NEWS STREAM every day. I've complained by they don't give a fuck.

They're on a jihad right now against guns. But the only bright spot is that it seems that more and more people are supporting gun rights, rather than listening to the bullshit being thrust upon them by the increasingly irrelevant MSM.

rant off: Thanks for listening

The Second Amendment does not protect an individual's right to own a firearm. This narrative was developed by the National Rifle Association in the late 1970s, out of fear that further gun control laws would eliminate private ownership of firearms altogether.
    Strange. The US Supreme Court seems to disagree with them.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

I can see them pushing the agenda via controlled media until there's a civil war, and the un will step in with foreign troops. What I wonder is if that's before or after ww3 is started.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    I can see them pushing the agenda via controlled media until there's a civil war, and the un will step in with foreign troops. What I wonder is if that's before or after ww3 is started.
    What I wonder is if that's before the 2016 elections so Dumbo can declare martial law and stay in office.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    I don't think our military will put up with that.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Funny how blind these people are. There are four amendments in the Bill of Rights that specify the rights of the people. So three do apply to the people as stated, but the second amendment doesn't?

Yes, you can fix stupid, but it is unfortunately messy.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Funny how blind these people are. There are four amendments in the Bill of Rights that specify the rights of the people. So three do apply to the people as stated, but the second amendment doesn't?

Yes, you can fix stupid, but it is unfortunately messy.
    LOL. I getcha.

I always try to point out the following to these idiots .....

I'd say to them:

"Hey! The first NINE amendments of the Bill of rights pertains to the PEOPLE, which is YOU and ME, protecting us against abuse by the government. The tenth deals with STATES RIGHTS versus an abusive Federal Government.

Let me ask you...

What kind of idiot thinks that in the middle of ALL these declarations of RIGHTS of the INDIVIDUAL, would the founding fathers feel the 'need' to declare the right of the Government to ARM their own armies? (aka the National Guard). They don't need permission nor protection from anyone or anything to DO that!"

I shake my head at those morons who STILL argue that mentally bankrupt notion that the 'militia' refers to the NG (which is a part of the U.S. Armed Forces and though organized and commanded at the state level, they can be called upon by the U.S ARmy proper), which is a part of the Federal Government).
    Last edited by tank_monkey; 12-20-2015 at 02:33 AM.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

We need a massive truck load of chlorine to pour in the gene pool.

why are you reading huffingdumb post anyways?
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Entertainment value, blood pressure to low or you always need to keep up with the
    thoughts of your rivals. Any or all the above could be a possibility. Hell he could be
    an infiltrator trying to sway or confuse the matters.

be the heat..

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Strange. The US Supreme Court seems to disagree with them.
    As does any intelligent reading of history. It is not until the liberals try to rewrite history that the individual's right seems to disappear.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    I find it very difficult to call Huffington Post a news source. I find it funny when liberals quote things from the Huffington Post (or MSNBC) and then talk about Faux News. The definition of faux news is Huffington Post.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    As does any intelligent reading of history. It is not until the liberals try to rewrite history that the individual's right seems to disappear.
    The problem is it is happening. In school books across the nation, History of this nation
    and civics are not taught or are ignored and in some cases "modified".

be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    Ironic that the HuffPo when it first started would NOT have been a major player on the net if it were not for OTHER LEFT WING high tech companies. Companies like Yahoo and Google and Facebook are all run by left wingers so they HELPED Huffpo achieve a large market share by constantly pushing their articles on the newsfeeds. Other idiot left wing 'news' sites are Thinkprogress.org, Salon.com and Vox.com .... all of which have run vile smear job articles about anyone who is NOT a radical leftwinger OR Obama.

But again, I noted the point in my first post, that, though I know a lot of you guys intentionally ignore the MSM, I think it's a mistake to ignore them completely. One must be aware of what the uneducated masses are being 'brainwashed' with. And in the past, the left wing media at least tried to give off the appearance of balance. Now they're Nazi Era Goebbels propaganda, unapologetically.

the majority of people who read their garbage are already fucked in the head anyways.

Like a cat turd preaching to the litter box.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Ironic that the HuffPo when it first started would NOT have been a major player on the net if it were not for OTHER LEFT WING high tech companies. Companies like Yahoo and Google and Facebook are all run by left wingers so they HELPED Huffpo achieve a large market share by constantly pushing their articles on the newsfeeds. Other idiot left wing 'news' sites are Thinkprogress.org, Salon.com and Vox.com .... all of which have run vile smear job articles about anyone who is NOT a radical leftwinger OR Obama.

But again, I noted the point in my first post, that, though I know a lot of you guys intentionally ignore the MSM, I think it's a mistake to ignore them completely. One must be aware of what the uneducated masses are being 'brainwashed' with. And in the past, the left wing media at least tried to give off the appearance of balance. Now they're Nazi Era Goebbels propaganda, unapologetically.
    Know thy enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by shorthair View Post
    Know thy enemy.
    Right. You get it. Others don't. Too many folks don't learn from history. One must NEVER be blindsided by the prospect of a BRAINWASHED public. We must counter and push back when we're LIED ABOUT. Never let THEM set the narrative. Just ignoring them is like putting your head in the sand. And then one day you wake up and suddenly realize that they've converted a large portion of the low information public and you could have fought back but didn't when you had the chance.

I agree and I think we have done very well since the 70s and 80s with gaining back lost ground. We still have a long ways to go and it will never be done, especially with the school system purposely teaching against the Constitution and ignoring our history (except to point out the mistakes we have made to show how evil our country is). It is encouraging to see more "ordinary" (not gun nuts like us!) pushing back against the lies that we hear. We have not won this battle, and I truly think it is a battle we will fight all our lives. I also think this is how we came to start losing our rights. Our predecessors stopped fighting and just expected the politicians to do their job and represent them. We have a saying in the area I work, you get what you inspect, not what you expect. Our predecessors stopped inspecting and therefore did not get what they expected from the politicians.

NRA Endowment Member