Thread: Virginia To Stop Recognizing CCW From 25 Other States

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Virginia To Stop Recognizing CCW From 25 Other States

Wow. Virginia is taking the dive now. They used to be a pretty friendly state to gun owners, but the Dims are taking over.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/23/us...ates.html?_r=0
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Yeah this pisses me off. This is what happens when people sit out elections. This Democrat AG we got only won the election by 165 votes. The Republicans control our state houses so they've been able to block any anti-gun legislation but this kind of abuse of power is more difficult to counteract. They are putting forth a bill to make it a law that VA has reciprocity with all states which would take this kind of action out of the AG and governors hands. Let's see if it will pass, it should. I love living here but told my wife just the other day I doubt we will retire here. Too many libs in the NOVA area and over on the shore. We're another state where nearly everything is red except a few larger cities which are mostly civil service folks and they vote federal unions every time.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

I have seen this coming for years, the are a DC suburb and the PC police are taking over.
    Virginia may be lost.

This is the bloomberg plan in affect. 1 at a time!
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I hope your VA legislators get the reciprocity thing passed. Fucking democraps going around the law to do things they way they want to in their leftist minds. Ref. Obama and his BS as well.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

This is one of those areas where our law allows this type of action however, it was never intended to allow taking action to correct an issue that doesn't exist. Kind of like a Governor declaring a state of emergency. Perfectly legal however to declare a state of emergency when there isn't one in order to accomplish something else isn't what the law was designated for.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    I hope your VA legislators get the reciprocity thing passed. Fucking democraps going around the law to do things they way they want to in their leftist minds. Ref. Obama and his BS as well.
    Barack Insane Obama has been doing it ever since he became Pres. AND no one has tried to stop him, so why not? They're just following the example set by him hoping for the same results.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

This really pisses me off, I loved traveling to Virginia Beach for summer vacation and being able to carry my firearm for self defense. Until this issue is corrected, I will never spend any of my tourist dollars in that state.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Yeah this pisses me off. This is what happens when people sit out elections. This Democrat AG we got only won the election by 165 votes. The Republicans control our state houses so they've been able to block any anti-gun legislation but this kind of abuse of power is more difficult to counteract. They are putting forth a bill to make it a law that VA has reciprocity with all states which would take this kind of action out of the AG and governors hands. Let's see if it will pass, it should. I love living here but told my wife just the other day I doubt we will retire here. Too many libs in the NOVA area and over on the shore. We're another state where nearly everything is red except a few larger cities which are mostly civil service folks and they vote federal unions every time.
    This is so true, but remember, many republican voters refuse to hold their nose and vote for a candidate that is not 100% perfect, while the demos don't care and just vote their party. In doing so, we get King Barack who is definately against us instead of a rino that might be on our side. Would be nice to have a perfect candidate, but in all of history only one perfect human has ever existed.