Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Price check. Norinco Underfolder

Quote Originally Posted by El Duce View Post
    won't have another chance to go back until Monday.
    So can we get the phone number of the shop?
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

For that price I'd buy that sucker faster than you can say, "General Tso Chicken!"
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Thumbs up

For that price you need to get it ASAP!
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    That a Bulgarian magazine would fit where a Wieger will not suprises me. My SAR-3 uses Wiegers and Bulgarian waffle mags. Both fit about equally, never had to mod a Bulgarian mag to fit or work in it.
    I'm trying to remember how the waffles were modified from what was on the forums ten years ago, SO, measure ten times and take a little off at a time.... You might make a jig to hold both mags like they would be in the rifle side by side. Load a few rounds and use a straight edge to check the feed angle. Also check the heigth the rounds are riding at so the rounds are picked up correctly. You may want to by a factory mag to measure against.

I can't remember if it was the frount lug or rear locking lug, but the angle was modified by filing one of the two.

The waffles are too wide so they are sanded on both sides to make them narrower. The best tool for this was a bench mounted belt/disk sander. Use a caliper to measure the factory mags and make the waffles the same for just the depth of the mag well.

The feed lips will ride too high after changing the angle so they must be demmeled (IIRC) on top towards the front of them so as not to catch on the carrier.

God I wished the old database was still up because we had this down to a science ten years ago... Hell, thinking about it there was a mod on the same waffles for use in Valmet .223s also and I may have them confused. Seems to me the Valmet mod was opposite in angle, but I can't remember...

Again, IIRC, it might have been "Gunsmoke" who worked this out or used the procedure to make a bunch of converted mags. Haven't seen him on in a while. He has been back since the board came back. He was not only a very good 'smith, but was an importer/distributor for Galils, Valmets and Chicoms back in the day.

There was another 'smith that had a line of converted mags that carried his name for the higher end varients. I can't remember who the guy was and never had direct contact with him like I did "Gunsmoke".
    Last edited by El Laton Caliente; 01-09-2016 at 12:14 PM.
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Ok, I lied. Actually memory seems to be inaccurate more than anything.

Just measured the width of the 84S mag and the Wieger, both are .962 +/- .002. Length of the Wieger is a hair more than the Norinco. (nose to tail of where it locks in)

Now I am just confused...

If for some reason I do not pick it up on Monday. I will post the name and number of the shop. I had to run some errands again yesterday and stopped by again. It was not marked Mak 90 or anything else. 84s. Low serial number as well. Just got back from skiing and a bit tired, too tired to remember any more details about it.

Was unable to go to the shop yesterday. I went with cash in hand today. The owner was not there. So, counter guy wasn't able to negotiate. The two waffle mags set in the rifle well. There is some wear around where the stock folds and a small patch of rust where the top hand guard sits. It is marked 84s1. Weather provided. Going to pick it up tomorrow. Kids got out of school three hours early today. Had to pick them up. Supposed to start snowing soon. Counter guy said that the rifle has been there around 4 months. I need to go in there more often! Post results and hopefully pictures tomorrow.

Bluing being worn off where the stock folds is normal.

For what they are asking, a bit of rust and some bluing wear would not scare me off. As I have said many times, my 84S-1 is my most accurate of all my AK variants.

$750 is a steal in today's dollars or dollars of the last 15 years. In fact I haven't seen an 84S-1 for $750 in the last 20 years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post

For what they are asking, a bit of rust and some bluing wear would not scare me off. As I have said many times, my 84S-1 is my most accurate of all my AK variants.

$750 is a steal in today's dollars or dollars of the last 15 years. In fact I haven't seen an 84S-1 for $750 in the last 20 years or so.

I really don't need it, but you are really pushing me over the edge on this one. I went with cash in hand. But, the owner wasn't there. I am going back tomorrow. Even if I can't get him down any. I really doubt that the rifle left after I did. So, it shall be mine.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post

Hell, I haven't seen an 84S-1 in person for sale at all for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by El Duce View Post
    I really don't need it, but you are really pushing me over the edge on this one. I went with cash in hand. But, the owner wasn't there. I am going back tomorrow. Even if I can't get him down any. I really doubt that the rifle left after I did. So, it shall be mine.
    Awesome. Looking forward to pictures!
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Hope you get it for the $750 price. It's steal.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=84S-...w=1280&bih=542
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

I got it for 700.00 otd. Pics will have to be posted later. Have some errands to run, and just found out my CCW has expired!

So, off to the courthouse to see if I can get that renewed today. Might be a few days before I can get some pictures up. I feel that I did pretty good on the rifle. It is not mint. But makes me happy.

For what you paid, I would be happy even if it was filthy, wood like a battlefield pickup, and have minor rust spots on it!

CONGRATS!!! You got a great buy.

Yes, awesome price! Good job and congrats! Also, cudos to you for having the patience to wait and do some negotiating.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Congrats!!! Looking forward to seeing it. That's something I've never managed to get into my collection...
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Well I guess I can go home now I've been hitting every gun shop I could find out your way
    Nice score

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    Well I guess I can go home now I've been hitting every gun shop I could find out your way
    Nice score

Darn, if you out my way I would have taken you shooting! It was at Franks gun and pawn on rt. 219.

That was next on my list too
    Oh well I'll remember the invite next time I'm out that way

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    That was next on my list too
    Oh well I'll remember the invite next time I'm out that way
    Seriously. You should have sent me a message. My son is itching to get out and shoot. I would have even provided the ammo!! Did you go to Edwards? There is another place on 219 Hersman's safety products. He had/has a Mn 44 for 140.00. Though it looked a little rough. I was there yesterday getting a quad rail for my son's ar 15.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast