Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is .22 RF Finally Coming Back Now?

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Just picked up a 1,000 rnd. box of Winchester M-22 ammo at WallyWorld the other day for $50. First time I've ever seen a box of 1,000. Didn't know it was sold in 1,000 rnd. packs.

Going shooting this weekend, with a couple of friends, and see if we can empty this box.
    I'll do my best to help!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Went to WalMart last week and they had an empty box of .22 LR. It was the first sign of .22 LR even being available at that WalMart in over 2 years. I take that as a good sign.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I'll do my best to help!
    No Problem.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

How 'hot' is the M-22 ?

i'd be down for 1000 rounds for $50 ... but that means going to tard-mart.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    How 'hot' is the M-22 ?

i'd be down for 1000 rounds for $50 ... but that means going to tard-mart.
    On the box is states muzzle velocity is a consistent 1255 FPS. It's black, copper-plated round nose.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Can't seem to wrap my brain around a 500 round brick of .22LR for $30 plus. Like I said, wish I was much younger so I wouldn't know of nor remember "those were the days".
    Same here. Know what the prices were before Sandy Hook.......I just can't get myself to pay 30 for 500. I would for $15. Maybe after the election, the prices will plummet.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I am occassionally finding it, but it run 8 cents a round up to 11 cents a round.

it's down to around $29-34 per 500 around here.

i only ever shoot my pac-lite anymore so a 500rd box lasts awhile cause i get sick of loading those ruger magazines.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    it's down to around $29-34 per 500 around here.

i only ever shoot my pac-lite anymore so a 500rd box lasts awhile cause i get sick of loading those ruger magazines.
    Same here - ever since the panic I haven't shot much .22, but when I have it's been out of a Remington single-shot bolt-action. I may bust out the semi-autos and repeaters again now that I can at least buy a brick or two at the gun shops.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    Same here - ever since the panic I haven't shot much .22, but when I have it's been out of a Remington single-shot bolt-action. I may bust out the semi-autos and repeaters again now that I can at least buy a brick or two at the gun shops.
    I couldn't find any at the local walmarts here this weekend. It still tends to be scarce. I do have a decent supply though. Since I mainly shoot my bolt action now days it tends to last.

Yesterday, while at a local Wally World, I saw the clerk unloading his cart of ammo and putting it onto the shelves. I asked if they had gotten any .22's in and he said, yes. He scrounged around and found it. It was a sealed box of two 1,000 rnd. Winchester M-22 boxes, just like I bought a while back.

I, only, had enough money for one of the boxes, so I bought that.

I've noticed that Wally World seems to be getting in bulk-sized boxes instead of the usual, small 50 rnd. boxes (unless it's CCI's).

Still, they must sell these quickly, as they never have any displayed on the shelves. They only ones I've seen, rarely, on the shelves are either 22 Shorts, 22 Mags, or 22 bird shot....none of the LR.

Around here, I guess you have to catch them as they unload their pallets or you don't get them...

p.s. I've had no issues with the M-22's at all. They work equally well in revolvers or semi-autos.

Freedom isn't free.

Haven't seen any in 9 months maybe at Wally World. I do see them at Gander Mt. in the next town over. Not cheap, but they are there.

Haven't seen descent priced .22 here in years....I am not gonna buy any time soon....seems like a scam too me..
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

I think the trend of panic buying is starting to slow down a little. Went to Wallyworld today and they had about 10 boxes of Winchester SuperX .22LR, 100 packs for $8.37 each. Kind of high priced, but I told the clerk I'd take some and he asked how many I wanted. I told him I thought you could only get 3 at a time and he said they've been on the shelf for 3 days (he figured the price scared buyers away). Told me I could have as many as I wanted so I bought 5 boxes.

I may have paid too much, but if Hitlery gets elected, I'll be super glad I did buy them when I did. If they're still there in a few days, I may pick up some more.

Haven't seen many .22 LR these past few weeks, so I jumped when I had the chance.

Freedom isn't free.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    I think the trend of panic buying is starting to slow down a little. Went to Wallyworld today and they had about 10 boxes of Winchester SuperX .22LR, 100 packs for $8.37 each. Kind of high priced, but I told the clerk I'd take some and he asked how many I wanted. I told him I thought you could only get 3 at a time and he said they've been on the shelf for 3 days (he figured the price scared buyers away). Told me I could have as many as I wanted so I bought 5 boxes.

I may have paid too much, but if Hitlery gets elected, I'll be super glad I did buy them when I did. If they're still there in a few days, I may pick up some more.

Haven't seen many .22 LR these past few weeks, so I jumped when I had the chance.
    Honestly it's tough to find any .22 lr under a dime a round anymore. The cheapest I've found is the Federal Auto Match and it seems to be one of the least accurate rounds from Federal. I'me paying 7.38 cents a round sales tax included. Given the scarce nature of .22 LR I get the Atuo Match simply because something is better than nothing. The days of 5 cent a shot .22 LR ammo I think are gone for all time.

It's still hit or miss around here. But, it appears to be slowly coming back. Picked up 150 rnds, of .22 Mag last week, and 200 rnds. of shorts tonight. The shelves at Wally World are full of all kinds of center fire ammo.

Freedom isn't free.

There was .22LR at the local WalMart for the first time in over 3 years last week. There were a few hundred round in the case an no line waiting to purchase. Now if the price would come back down a little. Of course, the way things are going Clinton will be elected and on November 9th everything will be gone again. Bother that I am sort of restricted in purchases as I am getting ready to move back across country again and the movers won't take ammo. It is hazardous, you know.

NRA Endowment Member

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Yep. If you're in need of .22LR, I suggest that you get it now... because it'll be OOS again very soon as people panic before the election. www.ammoseek.com
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Just got back from a different WallyWorld and they had 20 boxes of CCI .22 MiniMag (50 rnds.) still on the shelves. Usually, all of their .22's are gone by mid-morning, so I considered myself lucky to run across this when I did. I picked up 2 boxes.

It's a good thing I have guns that will shoot any type of .22 RF that I come across.

My favorites are a .22 Ruger convertible and a Taurus Circuit Judge .22 with two cylinders for LR or Mag.

Freedom isn't free.

got 2 500rd boxes of cci blazer today for $29 each. one for me and one for my dad.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast