Thread: Loading bench

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Loading bench

Previously my setup has been a black and decker job mate with my press bolted to a piece of 2x4 that has been cranked down into the job mate. I sit on the coach and watch TV while loading. But today i have started the process of downsizing my ham radio bench to make it mostly a reloading bench. The radio hobby is in its final throws of death around here. Last few years i have only listened to nets and shortwave broadcasts. I will be keeping whats left of my gear for the most part wrapped and stored, with just a receiver and scanner on the now "Loading bench" I will take some pictures later. In the meantime who wants to share pics of their setup?
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

my setup currently looks like a shit sandwich. so much brass, bullets and other things strewn about in one room.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Mine too. I did manage to get it all cleaned up a couple of months ago but the stuff accumulated again... but here it is:

~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Those Craftsman cabinets and bench were my Christmas present from my wife and kids several years back. Took quite the effort to assemble them - they all came in flat packs and had a jillion nuts and bolts. But the end result is a lifetime setup.

I really like to see the benches that guys have crafted themselves. Especially the ones who are good at wood working - with pigeon holes for parts and stuff.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Mine is an old sideboard that is bolted to the cinder wall. Solid and doesn't move.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Here is a pic of my finished bench. Just finished this afternoon. I reinforced underneath with a 2x4 and some aggressive thread screws. You could park a truck on it and that press isn't going to move.

Last edited by rci2950; 01-28-2016 at 06:06 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Looks nice. My setup keeps the powder hidden from sight. It is less scary to non gun people that way.