Thread: CMP M1 Carbines Available

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

CMP M1 Carbines Available

Just a heads-up - you can now order (beginning Feb. 1st) CMP M1 Carbines or pick them up in person (beginning Feb. 4th) at the Ohio and Alabama CMP locations. I wish I had $685 to toss right now... The Port Clinton, OH location is only about a 3-hour drive for me.

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/m1-carbine/

NOTE:
    Monday, February 1, we will begin accepting orders for a limited number of M1 Carbines for mail order. Two grades will be available, Service and Field. They include the following manufacturers; Inland, Winchester, IBM, Quality Hardware, Saginaw, Standard Product and Underwood. The manufacturer you receive will be luck of the draw, please no requests. Each customer is limited to one total Carbine this year. You will not be allowed to purchase both a Service and Field Grade. You may put down your first choice and second choice. We DO NOT time stamp orders, we only date stamp them. All orders received the same day are put in one basket. Please do not call about your order. If information is needed for your order, our sales department will contact you. Be sure to complete the checklist for the order before you send it in. Questions about orders already in-house slow down our processing which means it takes longer to send out the end product. If your payment method is a check, we will not deposit your check until your order is processed. However, some may go on backorder. You will be contacted prior to depositing your check should your order be placed on a backorder list. To be placed on the backorder list, you must have a form of payment with your order.

Due to limited quantities we may come across, M1 Carbines, M1Carbine barreled Receivers, Bavaria-Marked M1 Carbines and M1A1 Paratrooper Carbines will be offered on the CMP Auction Site HERE.

Each M1 Carbine rifle sold by CMP is an authentic U.S. Government rifle that has been inspected, headspaced, repaired if necessary and test fired for function. Each rifle is shipped with safety manual and chamber safety flag.

Free S&H - continental U.S. Contact CMP for additional S&H - Alaska, Hawaii & Puerto Rico

NOTE: Carbines will not be sold or shipped with magazines, slings or oilers.

Store Availability: On February 4, our stores in Anniston, Alabama, and Port Clinton, Ohio will have an extremely small quantity of M1 Carbines available. They will be on a first come first serve basis. No Carbines will be held and purchases must be completed that day. In the store, you will be limited to one type of Carbine. If you have placed a mail order, then decide to visit the store, your mail order will not be honored.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

This is one that I could get on to ... I would take this over the 1911.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I got a Carbine from them a few years back. It is an accurate little rifle and a blast to shoot! I thought about getting a second but I will save for the 1911.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

Still have my DCM from 1964.......$24 shipped........nice toy but useless....IMO....Saginaw
    Dan

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Morris View Post
    Still have my DCM from 1964.......$24 shipped........nice toy but useless....IMO....Saginaw
    Dan
    Useless for what? Mine will stop a coyote dead in its tracks. Its light, will kill a deer at the distances i do most of my hunting and my wife isnt scared of shooting it. Not everything i buy is for shtf.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

Just a personal thing........saw a few used in the 60's and was not impressed with knock down!
    Dan

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Ballistics says it should be equal to a .357 magnum. The reality is using the 110 gr. FMJ bullet it punches a hole and doesn't deliver the kinetic energy well. Handloads with Hollow Points or soft nose exposed lead jacketed bullets I think would do a vastly better job of putting their energy into the tissues and stop over penetrating.

Sold out

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Sold out
    Lawdy! That didn't take long.

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

How long did it take CMP to sell out of M1 Carbines?

http://www.guns.com/2016/02/04/how-l...ource=facebook

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

That makes me very concerned about getting a 1911!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

my concern is that asshole investors are buying these up and will be hocking them at gunshows with a $1500 price tag on them for the next 10 years. the same way jack asses haunt walmart at 6 in the morning to buy up the .22lr to resell it instead of it going to the guy who just wants to take his kid shooting.

Same fuckers that are the reason a colt python is unshootable now due to its astronomical value. Might as well just have a picture of one now.

Here's a thread at CMP about the North Shore store. There were folks in line the afternoon of Feb. 3. By 0600 hours Feb. 4 there were 60 people in line, according to witnesses in the thread.

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=183880

I might have been excited about it years ago. Now not really. I hope that collectors got rifles, and not those who just want to re sell them.