Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would emp keep 0bama in power?

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Well, consider the current economic situation. We are very very vulnerable. Is it such a stretch to believe that the powers that be wouldn't orchestrate some kind of false flag just ahead of the collapse? The purpose being to have more control... and of course, if they know when this is planned, they can maximize their personal wealth and prepare to preserve it so they'll be positioned in the best possible way for the reconstruction.

I would have considered this very a few years ago, but now...
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Just a few more generals, colonels, admirals, majors, and captains to get rid of before they try to gut the country. Hence the rumour that uwex16 is about sf taking out "rogue" us mil units.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by rshaneck2002 View Post
    How long would our Nuke power plants run without juice., i know many have back up generators run on diesel. Scary thought with over 100 plus of them spread around the nation. Anyone on here remember the mess under Carter called 3 mile island? Not a good memory at all. Electricity is everything in a modern culture.,
    TMI was not a mess that, machine did exactly what it was designed for.
    It contained a meltdown and released very little radiation. Do not believe hollywood.
    On the other hand what happened in Russia was/and is still a mess
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    TMI was not a mess that, machine did exactly what it was designed for.
    It contained a meltdown and released very little radiation. Do not believe hollywood.
    On the other hand what happened in Russia was/and is still a mess
    Not to mention Fukishima...

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Sounds like this is a pretty sure thing. What do you all suggest as a course of action once this is all set in motion? How much time do we have?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Sounds like this is a pretty sure thing. What do you all suggest as a course of action once this is all set in motion? How much time do we have?
    Everyone knows you're best prepared for shtf, so we'll meet at your place!
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    Obama is a scary dude. His supporters are just as scary. I will sleep better when he is at somebody's law firm and out of public sector.
    Didn't both he and "Moochelle" surrender their law licenses years ago, shortly before they were due to be yanked? Then he wouldn't be at somebody's law firm - except maybe as a "clerk".
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Hmm. Comex emp drill starts Friday, North Korean sat is at optimal 300 mile orbit for emp passes over US, what could go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Good question. This is where you start.

The good news is that preparing for an EMP will cover you for a plethora of SHTF situations.

Consider that with an EMP strike, we will lose all power, communication and access to resupply. This will be the case for a long time. It could be years before full service and resupply is restored.

The following things need to be covered:
    Water - how will you get potable water?
    Food - the supply chain will go down immediately and the stores will empty in a matter of hours, not to mention, they will be very dangerous places full of panic and desperate people.
    Protection - self explanatory, you need weapons, mags, ammo, etc. along with a good security plan.
    Energy - you will have to supply your own energy for lighting, cooking, heating your home, powering your vehicles, etc.
    Medical - if you are on meds, you will need to have backups. The pharmaceuticals you currently take will be unavailable, so you'll need alternatives that you can stockpile or grow. You will also need to be prepared to take care of your own first aid and wound treatment.
    Financial - access to your money, savings, investments will be gone. PM's and barter are the most common answers to this.
    Communications - how are you going to contact your family, friends?
    Everyday supplies - personal care products, cleaning supplies, clothing, etc.

I've listed these in somewhat of a priority order. The task can be overwhelming if you take it all in at one time. The key is to make a plan and start solving the priority items first and then work your way down the list until you get everything covered.

A lot depends on your situation - location, financial means, health, number of family/friends that you can count on, etc.

Are you in a good spot to weather the storm? Or are you going to have to relocate to a "bug out" spot? Do you have a bug out spot? Don't even think about a national forest or similar. Every other unprepared family with some camping equipment will head there and it'll be a dangerous place.

I live in a rural area quite a bit off the beaten path. I have food stores, seeds and garden tools. I have an active spring on my property and a "driven point well" kit. I am surrounded with pine and hardwood trees so have plenty of fuel for heating and cooking. I also have camping equipment such as a coleman stove with extra fuel. I have about 60 gallons of gasoline with preservative stored. I take blood pressure meds but I know that if I lose 50 pounds, I won't need that. I have some silver and plenty of goods for barter including ammo. I have handy-talkies which are portable ham radios. My house is very well insulated and has a built-in wood stove to heat it. I have hurricane lanterns and fuel for lighting. I've got a small wood stove that I can set up on my porch to cook on. My plumbing/septic is gravity powered so it will remain functional. I have a motorcycle that gets 50 MPG so I'll have efficient transportation. Guns, ammo, mags and web gear are covered.

What I'd like to have is a proper well with a reserve (protected) solar power setup to run the pump. I'd like a back up solar power kit (held in a protected place) to charge electrical devices and run the lights. I'd like more silver and ready cash... I'd like to have a greenhouse constructed... I'd like more long-term food stuffs. I'd like a proper ham radio set-up. A good quality mountain bike would be good.

But I do feel well enough prepared right now.

My biggest worry is getting my kids gathered and safe.
    Last edited by O.S.O.K.; 02-11-2016 at 12:57 PM.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    If the grid was taken out, either by an enemy using an EMP or a government wanting to gain absolute power, think about this: (read the whole thing before forming an opinion as this is a cascade idea)

How would most people pay normal bills? Not talking about credit card alone but how many pay taxes online? And pay utilities which will still want to be paid even if their service was down?

What about those who have mortgages automatically deducted from their bank account with electronic banking down?

How could you get cash to pay for food assuming the rule of law is still intact and grocery stores are open and stocked?

How could truckers fill their rigs to get the food to the stores?

Those Fudds that we laugh about could have the last laugh as they will have a food supply, but no long term storage. Even with emergency backup generators running natural gas, if the gas can't be pumped, no gen-sets.

Solar and wind power with battery storage for times when the sun don't shine and the wind don't blow?

I would hope we have enough good people that if something did happen, the repairs would be swift.

Would cooler heads prevail, doubt it as there are too many that would see a dark store as a target of not only opportunity but as a right.

My view is emp is bad.... but perhaps not as bad as some say it will be.
    I'm much more concerned the 0bama or follow-on regime could use the emp excuse to shut everything down and keep it down to implement martial law/suspension of the Constitution. Also, one might reasonably expect conventional nuclear attack after the emp event. Fed emp tests have shown a lot of the road vehicles in use today will shut off if running during an emp event, but can be restarted and run normally afterwards. The real emp problems lie where there are long conductors such as power and telco lines wich can induct a lot more energy from an emp than a car's wiring harness, these can ruin power generating plants as well as the pc you're browsing on that has a wired line, wether innernet access or power. At home it might be a good idea to have a surge suppressor in every outlet to clamp the spike in the ac lines if/when it hits.

ARRL series on emp;
    http://www.arrl.org/lightning-protection

fed report;
    http://www.empcommission.org/
    Last edited by 5.56NATO; 02-11-2016 at 02:18 PM.

With an EMP strike, it will come down to what you have possession of. The entire financial system will be shut down. And yes, modern vehicles should be able to reset simply by detaching the positive battery cable for a few minutes and reinstalling. But there will be no fuel after the service stations are manually pumped dry...

As to food storage, we revert to canning. And for fuel, being in a wooded area is the answer to a constant back up and primary source of heating/cooking fuel.

If you can manage to get a place with a running stream, you can go with hydro power too. That's the best of all as long as the stream doesn't freeze over in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    If you can manage to get a place with a running stream, you can go with hydro power too. That's the best of all as long as the stream doesn't freeze over in the winter.
    If you have a artesian well with enough pressure, you could hook it to your "low-flow" turbine for power, then use the spent water for drinking.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    If you have a artesian well with enough pressure, you could hook it to your "low-flow" turbine for power, then use the spent water for drinking.

I've had an idea for a long time how to generate electrical power almost for free, with no environmental impact.

Imagine large concrete "boxes" maybe a 1000 feet or more on each side, as tall as the tides and with holes, valves and turbines at the bottom.

At high tide, open a valve and fill the container through turbines. Then when it's full, wait until low tide, then empty the container through the turbines.

Aside from maybe a few chopped up fish that flow through a turbine, zero environmental impact, free energy.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    With an EMP strike, it will come down to what you have possession of. The entire financial system will be shut down. And yes, modern vehicles should be able to reset simply by detaching the positive battery cable for a few minutes and reinstalling. But there will be no fuel after the service stations are manually pumped dry...

As to food storage, we revert to canning. And for fuel, being in a wooded area is the answer to a constant back up and primary source of heating/cooking fuel.

A great thing to have would be a still to make ethanol. The alcohol would be useful as a disinfectant for medical use, a fuel for cooking and a fuel for automobiles.

Modern cars are not made to run on alcohol in the sense that the fuel system is not corrosion resistant and alcohol attracts water, but a car would run just fine on it.

Years ago, I helped a friend of mine fix a leak in the gas tank of his 1970 Dodge Demon. Of course, when we were done, there was no gasoline in the tank at all, so we took a 5 gallon can of methanol that he had in his basement (the stuff used for mimeograph machines) and poured it into the tank.

The car started and ran just fine. Couldn't even tell that it wasn't gasoline.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Those Nuke plants would turn dangerous fast in short time without juice to maintain them and keep them cool. Say what you will, it will become a major problem fast without power to control them. My memory of TMI was they (the Feds and people) we're scared as he//., and they got real, real lucky on containment. I know the Feds bought up a lot of real estate in that neighborhood quick, why was that? simple precautions maybe, than maybe not. Are we better at control than the USSR? yes we are. But there is always that thing called "human error". Me, if the whole grid go's down from an EMP I will try to find somewhere that is at least 200-250 miles from any of them., if possible, and you would have 1-2 weeks to do so, a month at most. Worldwide, who knows? It would be total chaos for sure.

Just a thought, wishful thinking at that. If a foreign power intentionally took down our power grid it would be an act of war. One of the three main items in the Constitution that the government must do is protect we the people. Failing to do so could be seen as gross incompetence, dereliction of duty, possibly a high crime. Would the powers that be immediately bring charges against the commander in chief as they should?

A foreign power getting far enough to disable our power grid would definitely be a failure of our government to protect we the people.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Just a thought, wishful thinking at that. If a foreign power intentionally took down our power grid it would be an act of war. One of the three main items in the Constitution that the government must do is protect we the people. Failing to do so could be seen as gross incompetence, dereliction of duty, possibly a high crime. Would the powers that be immediately bring charges against the commander in chief as they should?

A foreign power getting far enough to disable our power grid would definitely be a failure of our government to protect we the people.
    Going by what I've seen and heard about the last few regimes our country has suffered under, martial law and totalitarianism will reign in an emp event and it will be them vs we the people.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Going by what I've seen and heard about the last few regimes our country has suffered under, martial law and totalitarianism will reign in an emp event and it will be them vs we the people.
    Hate to say it but I agree with what you say would likely happen.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Hate to say it but I agree with what you say would likely happen.
    And hence likely why uwex16 reportedly has a focus on US forces dealing with "rogue" US forces.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12