Thread: WTF NY

WTF NY

TV: Radiation leak reported at US nuclear plant — “Alarming levels of radioactivity” — 65,000% above normal — Governor: “I am deeply concerned… Significant failure” — Officials worried about health of public — Extent and duration of release ‘unclear’ — Radiation experts being sent in (VIDEOS)
    http://enenews.com/govt-radiation-le...Energy+News%29
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2014 Hatedbysheeple's Avatar

I love how they sell the panic with "65,000%", why not just put actual radiation levels. Oh that's right because it doesn't sound as scary.

They also rarely say what is the source of radiation, what isotope, how many curies, what kind of radiation is being given off.
    Last edited by Hatedbysheeple; 02-08-2016 at 03:49 PM.
    Initial Success or Total Failure

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    In the short period I lived and worked in the insane state of Connecticut there was a reported leak at a local nuke plant. After the panic died it was found out the true leak was the equivalent of one tenth the radiation from one dental X-ray.

So how much was really leaked now?

Dunno, but someone I know happened to be out taking pics through his telescope one night and the next day there was an issue at the nearby nuke plant that had a fed helicopter flying up and down the river that cooled the plant, measuring something. When he had the pics developed they were streaked with rad tracks like the cloud chamber pics; http://www.sciencephoto.com/subject/...ber%20pictures

I don't think they'd tell anyone much about it if there was a serious issue. Unless it was obvious, like Chernobyl.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Another way for Obama to ban nuclear energy. Flood the media with a lot of hype, play it up big with scary statistics, and get everyone worked up so they demand their elected officials do something to stop it.

This is exactly the same thing they do with guns. Obama has had success with that, so he's trying the same angle on evil energy sources, hoping to herald in a huge demand for sustainable, green energy.

After all, it's for the safety of the chillins...
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars