Thread: Obama goes after Social Security recipients’ guns

Obama goes after Social Security recipients’ guns

Considering the date of the original story some of you may have seen this before.

Obama said that his top priority for his remaining time in office is gun control.

He’s already done it to our military veterans — getting the dysfunctional Veterans Administration to take guns away from veterans deemed “mentally unfit”. (See “Obama regime prohibits disabled veterans from owning firearms and ammunition”)

Now, Obama is extending the same BOHICA “courtesy” to Social Security recipients.
    http://fellowshipoftheminds.com/2016...cipients-guns/

obama-guns.jpg
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

So has this started? I don't see any link to anything that has actually happened just that Obama "plans" to take away SS recipients guns.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

This was supposed to be part of his last round of Executive Orders, but since he really hasn't written many of them or released them yet it is hard to tell.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Weren't the last batch executive memos or something, not even an EO?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    An executive order requires more paperwork and it is given a number. An executive "action" which seems to be King Barack's equivalent of a sniper rifle, does not require any oversight and doesn't leave an easy to follow paper trail.

As for his hating of people on Social Security, so far nothing has come of this. Yet. He still has time to mess up the lives of honest hard working American citizens.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

He's not going to have much luck taking our guns, hell, a lot of us are senile and can't remember where we hid the damn things

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    He's not going to have much luck taking our guns, hell, a lot of us are senile and can't remember where we hid the damn things
    What guns?
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

What I remember hearing was that it was both seniors and vets that, for whatever reason(s), were unable to handle their financial affairs would have their 2A rights pulled.
    Just like they are talking about people with chemical dependencies, PTSD, or other neurological problems, would suffer the same fats whether or not they had ever been a threat to anybody or anything.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Lightbulb

Reminds me of the Scene in 1984s Red Dawn where the Cuban COL. played by Ron O'Neil (Superfly) tells his men to go to the Court House and Get a Certain Form from the County Records regarding who had Firearms. Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hobe Sound AK View Post
    Reminds me of the Scene in 1984s Red Dawn where the Cuban COL. played by Ron O'Neil (Superfly) tells his men to go to the Court House and Get a Certain Form from the County Records regarding who had Firearms. Paul
    He says go the local gunshops and collect the form 4473.

Although the depiction of the legal paper trail is mostly accurate, the concept of an invasion by Cuban forces is not.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

True, Cuba will never be able to Attack anyone! but they make good Jungle Fighters. Plus they have an Advantage over us in Florida, guessing that A/C is Rare in Cuba, they can put up with Humid Summers without it. That give them an Advantage, if you have never known A/C you adapt with out it.
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    He says go the local gunshops and collect the form 4473.

Although the depiction of the legal paper trail is mostly accurate, the concept of an invasion by Cuban forces is not.
    The guy who made the movie went to the pentagon and asked them what the most likely scenario for a invasion of North America by the combloc would look like. The movie, to include Cubans, is based on that scenario the pentagon gave him, keep in mind most of the major actions are never portrayed in that movie - such as the nuclear exchange - but are hinted at in the dialogue. It may still be to this day the most likely, however they now have a man in the whitehouse who would help them.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Weren't the last batch executive memos or something, not even an EO?
    Some of them weren't even that, they were just things that President Obama said he is going to do. Like with most things the most transparent administration in history does it is hard to see what he did.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member