Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any rules/regulations for converting a carbine or handgun to full auto?

Any rules/regulations for converting a carbine or handgun to full auto?

I take it I need a license to own a full auto ?
    -=Alex=-
    Please send me a message of ANY and ALL server / forum / site related issues that need to be addressed. This does not include personal problems with users or moderators. Dont ask me for help on posting a picture, video or whatever in a thread. Ask someone else. I'm busy.

swampdragon
    I'd post this question in the Class III forum.
    You'll get the best answers there.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Say what?
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

If I were to convert my glock to a full auto, do i need a license for that, etc?
    -=Alex=-
    Please send me a message of ANY and ALL server / forum / site related issues that need to be addressed. This does not include personal problems with users or moderators. Dont ask me for help on posting a picture, video or whatever in a thread. Ask someone else. I'm busy.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnetadmin View Post
    If I were to convert my glock to a full auto, do i need a license for that, etc?
    Well yeah and the date needs to be before May 19, 1986.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm...Protection_Act
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

swampdragon
    Start here with this.
    I'm not sure about the "converting" part however.
    Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will jump in.

All NFA items must be registered with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF). Private owners wishing to purchase an NFA item must obtain approval from the ATF, obtain a signature from the county sheriff or city or town chief of police (not necessarily permission), pass an extensive background check to include submitting a photograph and finger prints, fully register the firearm, receive ATF written permission before moving the firearm across state lines, and pay a tax. The request to transfer ownership of an NFA item is made on an ATF Form 4.[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Firearms_Act

You are about 76 years too late to the party.
    There was a way you could of accomplished it before 1986 with a $200.00 registration fee. but now your only option would be to become a dealer that is licensed to sell full auto arms to police departments and military.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Yep, when ATF and a couple of criminals in congress rewrote the constitution in 1986, unless you registered your full auto that shall not be infringed, you can no longer make or buy one that wasn't registered before that date.

That is why you see phrases that I truly hate, like "Pre-may sample", "post-dealer sample", "post May sample".

And yes, Reagan signed it, but the machinegun ban was well hidden in the document and slipped in after the document was written in true democrat fashion. It was only after the document of 1986 was signed sealed and delivered did a certain anti-American democrat reveal what she and a few others pull over on us!

The only way to legally own a full auto Glock would be if the parts you used to make it were registered before May 19, 1986.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Question

I believe an 07 FFL with an 02 SOT can manufacture new NFA items including a Glock 18?
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 09-27-2010 at 07:34 AM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Okay, let's say I brought a G18 on January 3, 1986.
    Would it have to be registered?
    The 2nd Amendment : Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moebrown20 View Post
    Okay, let's say I brought a G18 on January 3, 1986.
    Would it have to be registered?
    All legal NFA purchases are "registered" so to speak since they require approval and payment of tax prior to possession and have been since the 1934 GCA. The 1986 ban means that to be "transferable" any machinegun had to be registered with BATF as a machinegun by 5/19/86. Any machinegun manufactured after 5/19/86 is still registered it's just not "transerable". In this instance I'm using the term "transferable" to mean any non-disqualified citizen of the United States. Machineguns made after 1986 can still be transfered but only between other manufactures and or LEO/Fed agencies.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Am I missing the joke ?
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

swampdragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    Am I missing the joke ?
    Nope.
    gunsnetadmin is like a computer guru who set up this whole place for us....and did a damned fine job too.
    But a gun expert, not so much...yet.
    Quite honestly, I don't know too much about full-auto stuff either, as I have never been able to afford one anyways....lol.

Quote Originally Posted by swampdragon View Post
    Nope.
    gunsnetadmin is like a computer guru who set up this whole place for us....and did a damned fine job too.
    Quite honestly, I don't know too much about full-auto stuff either, as I have never been able to afford one anyways....lol.

I know who he is (handle wise). I've seen a few post's by him over the years.

I guess I always assumed he was an NFA owner (seems like everyone else is but me).

Since this is not a joke, I very sincerely apologize GNA. I was not trying to be an asshole.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

If it makes you feel any better I don't have any NFA items yet either. I would like a get a machine gun but, that is honestly out of my price range. I would like to get a can one of these days. I could probably do that if I ever develope the patince to deal with the paper work. I just don't know a whole lot about supressors. There are a couple of things that I can think of that would make great SBR projects. I just don't know where I would take the stuff to get the work done when I got the aproval.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

Yea you can just make sure you have your FFL 1st and then the SOT Manufacturers license and then last make sure you have a CLEO wanting you to make a F/A Glock as he needs to fire one in order for you to convert or order him a Glock 18.
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    The most recently revised government version of anything supersedes all evidence to the contrary past, present or future. That's a working definition of authoritarianism.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Full auto

If you want to own a full auto weapon you have to check what your state allows. Normal gun owners will have to get weapons registered before 1986. I own one, it is a hastle and a lot of paperwork and other BS to go through when purchasing, but it is one heck of a lot of fun running full clips at full auto. Ammo costs add up real fast if you get lost in the thrill and realize I just went through 500 rounds. Rambo never had to pay for any of his ammo.

form your own city and police dept.
    then you can have the goodies
    admit nothing
    deny everything
    make counter accusations

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Yep, when ATF and a couple of criminals in congress rewrote the constitution in 1986, unless you registered your full auto that shall not be infringed, you can no longer make or buy one that wasn't registered before that date.

That is why you see phrases that I truly hate, like "Pre-may sample", "post-dealer sample", "post May sample".

And yes, Reagan signed it, but the machinegun ban was well hidden in the document and slipped in after the document was written in true democrat fashion. It was only after the document of 1986 was signed sealed and delivered did a certain anti-American democrat reveal what she and a few others pull over on us!

The only way to legally own a full auto Glock would be if the parts you used to make it were registered before May 19, 1986.
    You know, I'd like to believe that it was well hidden and Reagan had no idea it was there, but he also signed the Mulford Act in 1967 as Governor of Kalifornistan ‘prohibiting the carrying of firearms on one's person or in a vehicle, in any public place or on any public street.’
    The law was aimed at stopping the Black Panthers, but affected all gun owners.
    “Twenty-four years later, Reagan was still pushing gun control. ‘I support the Brady Bill,’ he said in a March 28, 1991 speech, ‘and I urge the Congress to enact it without further delay.’"

Reagan did a lot of good economically, but he also fucked us more than once on the 2a. That's enough for me to think he wasn't all we hold him up to be.

Quote Originally Posted by swampdragon View Post
    Nope.
    when he called mags "clips" i figured thatout
    admit nothing
    deny everything
    make counter accusations

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast