Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead new season starts tomorrow, 2/14/16 Spoiler alerts

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up The Walking Dead new season starts tomorrow, 2/14/16 Spoiler alerts

Figured I'd start a new thread for a new season. Anyone been watching the marathon? It's after the battle at the prison and Darrel and Beth are at the country club getting ready to bond. I like looking back over the old episodes. I sometimes see stuff I missed the first time around. Interesting stuff or sometimes mess-ups on the part of the production company, rifles with no sights, shooting a gun but the bolt is already locked back, pulling the trigger on a Glock repeatedly after it's empty and hearing it click each time, those sort of mistakes.

I've heard rumors/comments that the new season will have a lot of the cast getting killed off but haven't heard if it's newer cast or long term. Can't imagine they'd kill of Rick and I sure hope they don't get rid of Darryl, Glen or Carol any time soon if ever but the rest are fair game as far as I'm concerned. Anyway, I'm counting down the minutes until tomorrow at 9. Hope some of you are as well.
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 02-14-2016 at 09:35 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

I'm stoked!
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Meh. I'm less excited every season.

Trailer Park Boys season ten comes out on March 28. I'm honestly looking forward to that more.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Meh. I'm less excited every season.

Trailer Park Boys season ten comes out on March 28. I'm honestly looking forward to that more.
    That's because you're watching the show. You have to LIVE the show. Every fight has to leave YOU out of breath. Everyone lost has to be YOUR loss. Live the show, don't just watch it.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    That's because you're watching the show. You have to LIVE the show. Every fight has to leave YOU out of breath. Everyone lost has to be YOUR loss. Live the show, don't just watch it.
    Simply chilling!
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

living trailer park boys will get us locked up...
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post

living trailer park boys will get us locked up...
    They would be alright if it weren't for minimum wage laws, professional licensing, and the immoral war on drugs.

Except when they steal shit and drink and drive.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Obviously I'm exaggerating my devotion to the show however, I do still enjoy it a great deal. That's not so say I haven't been disappointed in certain episodes and or even entire seasons where the story line just seemed to drag or seemed more like filler or a stall than any type of development to the story.

I think it makes a difference too if a person has watched it from day 1 rather than coming in a season or two into the show and doing catchup. I feel like you loose something when you binge watch as you don't have a week to discuss or rethink that last episode and how it plays into events past.

I'm hoping this season has plenty of action and I'd like it to get back into the survival aspect more than the group playing suzy homemaker some place. I mean they've hardly covered any ground since the beginning, from Georgia to northern Virginia. That leaves a lot of country left to explore.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Obviously I'm exaggerating my devotion to the show however, I do still enjoy it a great deal. That's not so say I haven't been disappointed in certain episodes and or even entire seasons where the story line just seemed to drag or seemed more like filler or a stall than any type of development to the story.

I think it makes a difference too if a person has watched it from day 1 rather than coming in a season or two into the show and doing catchup. I feel like you loose something when you binge watch as you don't have a week to discuss or rethink that last episode and how it plays into events past.

I'm hoping this season has plenty of action and I'd like it to get back into the survival aspect more than the group playing suzy homemaker some place. I mean they've hardly covered any ground since the beginning, from Georgia to northern Virginia. That leaves a lot of country left to explore.

I agree. Also, I thought your post about living the show was really funny.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    I agree. Also, I thought your post about living the show was really funny.
    I'm glad, I meant it to be. I will admit to watching Band of Brothers and Saving Private Ryan with my "unloaded" 1918A3 BAR and or an SA Garand beside my chair. Back when Darryl was carrying a Busse TGLB knife I almost bought one, both because it's a fantastic knife but also because it was featured on the show. That's about as far as I've actually gotten to "living" the show.

Now my sis did talk at one time about going in together on an old shorty Winnebago like the group had in several of the earlier seasons. The one Dale had. We were going to get one and fix it up enough to be reliable and go on a summer road trip complete with cardboard cutouts of Rick, Dale, Shane, etc. Now that would have been a hoot I think.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Heck I took a nap today so that I can stay up to watch tonight. Being at work at four in the morning has its drawbacks.

Holy shit!

Holy shit again! Talk about action. They're dropping like flies.
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 02-14-2016 at 09:30 PM.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Thumbs down

I knew that little Shit would screw up, and start to Wine. I just wish Rick had not lost his new Girlfriend. That was nice how all those Bikers went up in a Blaze.
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

One of the best episodes ever.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Ho-yeah! That was (I think) the best episode EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The wife and I were really into it, so much action, so many twists in th eplot. I'm not speaking specifics as I don't want to be a "Spoiler" for anyone that hasn't seen it yet.

I tell you what. That has to be the best, first 5 minutes of any show I've seen in a long time and definitely the best on TWD. I can't really say there was a crappy part in last night's episode what so ever. Well, maybe one. Without giving anything away the scene where someone lost their arm. I wasn't sure at first if that was some kind of a daydream event or if it was really happening the way they filmed it. Even then it wasn't crappy or anything just a little odd.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Great episode. I smile broke out on my face the second that annoying little penis-haircut kid got bitten.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Thumbs up

Both her Son's were useless, like their Dad, a Drunk Lawyer. They both needed to Die. Sadly Rick lost his Girlfriend! He tried to tell her to move, She stood there and Cried, and she Died. only Sad scene of the Show, glad that Wolf Asshole Died. The winey little Shit, reminded me of that Saying in the Army. A fuckup in every Crowd.
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Last night was a fun episode. Cheesy as fuck, but fun. It reminded me of the Chuck Norris movie "Delta Force" in a number of ways, especially Daryl's rocket launcher execution.

I am glad that the bikers got the brunt of the Rocket launcher. My daughter and I really enjoyed it. Bad part was that I only got around 4 hours of sleep. So, might take a nap today so that I can be up or Better call Saul.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast