Thread: Type 81?

Type 81?

Could this mean we might be able to buy someday. http://tv-presspass.com/norinco-type...on-restricted/

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blunt350 View Post
    Could this mean we might be able to buy someday. http://tv-presspass.com/norinco-type...on-restricted/
    It looks like if you live in Canada, you'll be good to go, but I won't hold my breath for import into the US.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Only if you live in Canada. Remember, they do not have the right to keep and bear arms that shall not be infringed, so they can buy one. We on the other hand have a constitution that guarantees our right to keep and bear arms that shall not be infringed, so we cannot buy one.

Chinese military style weapons, ammo and parts are banned from importation into the land of shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Only if you live in Canada. Remember, they do not have the right to keep and bear arms that shall not be infringed, so they can buy one. We on the other hand have a constitution that guarantees our right to keep and bear arms that shall not be infringed, so we cannot buy one.

Chinese military style weapons, ammo and parts are banned from importation into the land of shall not be infringed.
    Well it all started when BILL CLINTON negotiated that massive trade deal with China, you know, the one where China makes all of Walmart's products? and most everything else in the US? His one concession was to force the Chinese to NOT import their guns and ammo (another reason why I will always detest that sack of shit Clinton).

It opened up when Bush took over, but then in 2005 NORINCO got caught trying to import FULL auto AKs under the guise of Semi auto guns. Just Chinese greed made them stupid. For the cost savings of just dumping 'slightly' converted ex military AKs for the American market, they got themselves BANNED for violating American Arms Import laws. The Second BAN was purely and wholly the fault of Norinco. Ugh. IF only they played by the rules, they COULD be selling all sorts of guns and ammo into the US right now.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Well it all started when BILL CLINTON negotiated that massive trade deal with China, you know, the one where China makes all of Walmart's products? and most everything else in the US? His one concession was to force the Chinese to NOT import their guns and ammo (another reason why I will always detest that sack of shit Clinton).

It opened up when Bush took over, but then in 2005 NORINCO got caught trying to import FULL auto AKs under the guise of Semi auto guns. Just Chinese greed made them stupid. For the cost savings of just dumping 'slightly' converted ex military AKs for the American market, they got themselves BANNED for violating American Arms Import laws. The Second BAN was purely and wholly the fault of Norinco. Ugh. IF only they played by the rules, they COULD be selling all sorts of guns and ammo into the US right now.
    I think you're history is off here
    It started with Bush's daddy and the full auto snafu
    Even with the sunset Chinese stuff still wasn't allowed because of that IIRC
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I think you both are right, it started with Bush 1 who railed against ATF not supporting the sporting purpose clause of the new second amendment. Clinton in his lust to win over the Chinese by sending them information on how to make their ICBMs work better made them think he was on their side, so I personally believe this led to the Chinese sending constitutionally legal weapons into the land of has been infringed, which started the firestorm that led to clinton forcing the democrat controlled congress to issue the permanent ban on Chinese military style weapons, parts and ammo.

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Looks like a Chinese VZ-58.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"