Thread: Infringement leads to amazing sale price on 56S

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.

Infringement leads to amazing sale price on 56S

Hard to believe there was a day when nobody wanted one, and they collected dust on dealer shelves. Then George Bush the First decided that the 1964 GCA wasn't being adhered to and demanded ATF follow the sporting putpose clause of the new second amendment. Suddenly these became "pre-bans" and people started noticing, but it took nearly 30 years for fixed supply and increasing demand to cause the price to go up, but who would have dreamed over $2000 for a straight stock 56S?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=543750670

Edit, my apologies for being human and miss-typing the 1968 GCA as "1964". Not only do I know better but I have no idea how I missed it when I proofed this. I am not altering it to make it correct, but am leaving it so that the tyrade below makes sense.

That's just up the road from me
    Oh for the days of lower prices would have been a good FTF contender
    Started at a penny too
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Beautiful.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Considering that sar-1's are $850 is it any surprise. These things are basically like pre-86 machine guns. There won't be anymore so expect steep price jumps forever.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Hard to believe there was a day when nobody wanted one, and they collected dust on dealer shelves. Then George Bush the First decided that the 1964 GCA wasn't being adhered to and demanded ATF follow the sporting putpose clause of the new second amendment. Suddenly these became "pre-bans" and people started noticing, but it took nearly 30 years for fixed supply and increasing demand to cause the price to go up, but who would have dreamed over $2000 for a straight stock 56S?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=543750670
    You always do that. ONE it's not the fucking 1964 GCA , the gun control act is 1968!

TWO, Bush the elder didn't just wake up one day and think "Hmmm, I gotta fuck over gun owners." Clinton would have done that, but Bush was a member of the NRA at the time. He was under TREMENDOUS pressure by the media back when the MAINSTREAM MEDIA had a MONOPOLY on all information, to outright ban them. Did you NOT see the news headlines of the day? The media was freaking out because over ONE MILLION pre bans were going to be imported into the country. This hysteria didn't occur in a vacuum. It was that fucking DEMOCRAT scumbag Patrick Purdy and him gunning down five school kids in Stockton in 1989 that created that furor. Now Bush was a Hunter (a Fudd), so he didn't understand AWs. But seriously, if there wasn't a Nationwide hysteria on the part of the media AND the DEMOCRATS who controlled CONGRESS on Bush the Elder, he wouldn't have done anything. He was under unbelievable pressure to do something.

THREE, Bush did not create the sporting clause of GCA 1968, that was written by AMERICAN GUN COMPANIES who wanted to stop the import of small foreign handguns. William Sessions was the who figured out how the 'sporting clause' GAVE the ATF the power to determine what was appropriate and what was NOT.

Quit spouting that revisionist history bullshit.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Sorry potty mouth, I miss-type 1964 instead of 1968. Next, Bush did in fact issue an executive order demanding ATF follow the sporting purpose clause of the GCA. I never said Bush created the sporting purpose clause of the 1968 (typed it right that time) since it was Lyndon B Johnson who was pushing through his agenda, but thankfully he was derailed which was the only good thing that came of the Vietnam war.

So Tank, calm down. The added info given by you is correct, but through the power of information act way back I did see the EO that Bush issued. Also, I never said that one day Bush1 woke up and decided to screw the gun owners, he might have been a Fudd, but he was no friend of firearm owners. His NRA membership seemed to be more of a way to get the gun owners vote. As soon as the NRA did something that he didn't like, he dropped his life membership like a hot potato. Do you remember why? It was because an NRA statement called his ATF buddies "Jack Booted Thugs" and that was his excuse to show his true colors.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    1964 GCA

Edit, my apologies for being human and miss-typing the 1968 GCA as "1964". Not only do I know better but I have no idea how I missed it when I proofed this. I am not altering it to make it correct, but am leaving it so that the tyrade below makes sense.
    Easy to brain-fart and mix together the years for the 1934 NFA and the 1968 GCA.

Firearms are probably the only products stamped "Made in China" that people are willing to trip over each other to snatch-up.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003