Thread: More astonishing DISHONESTY by the New York Times......

Angry More astonishing DISHONESTY by the New York Times......

Yes, I know.... WHO READS that POS rag any more? The NYT is so irrelevant, but still, their articles are so FULL OF SHIT that it boggles the mind.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/05/op...stry.html?_r=0

The world recoiled in horror in 2012 when 20 Connecticut schoolchildren and six adults were killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School by a deranged teenager using a military-style assault rifle to fire 154 rounds in less than five minutes. The weapon was a Bushmaster AR-15 semiautomatic rifle adapted from its original role as a battlefield weapon.

The AR-15, which is designed to inflict maximum casualties with rapid bursts, should never have been available for purchase by civilians. This is the eminently reasonable point that the parents of the 6- and 7-year-old students cut down at the school are now pressing in Connecticut state court.

They are attempting to sue the gun manufacturer, Remington; the wholesaler; and a local retailer for recklessness in providing the weapon to the consumer marketplace “with no conceivable use for it other than the mass killing of other human beings.”

The question of whether the lawsuit will be allowed to proceed is at issue because Congress, prodded by the gun lobby, in 2005 foolishly granted the gun industry nearly complete immunity from legal claims and damages from the criminal use of guns.

These self proclaimed "journalists" are either stupid, misinformed, evil or just assholes (or all of the above).

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Thumbs up

I vote all of the above.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Yes, I know.... WHO READS that POS rag any more? The NYT is so irrelevant, but still, their articles are so FULL OF SHIT that it boggles the mind.

These self proclaimed "journalists" are either stupid, misinformed, evil or just assholes (or all of the above).
    Ya think? Remember that the ar was a preban and built long before Remington had anything to do with bushmaster.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Change the word journalist to propagandist, journalism died a long time ago

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Dishonestly from the NY Slimes is never astonishing.

That's why it's called the Fishwrap of Record.

Update: here is who they have writing their progressive propaganda:

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogsp...streicher.html
    Last edited by sevlex; 03-05-2016 at 10:56 AM.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

My take on the whole thing is that "guns" is a symbolic battlefield between the right and the left... Between liberals and conservatives... For them, causing as much disturbance and restrictions on guns is there way of kicking the right. They know it has nothing to do with public safety. It has become an argument to just win. So as a result they are going to say whatever they need to say, in order to win.

Heck i would do it too if I had an angle. For example argue that their Prius are more likely to run over a child if they have electric start. So all Prius should be limited to starting with a hand crank.
    Last edited by rci2950; 03-05-2016 at 11:13 AM.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

The NYT is a leftist rag run by anti-freedom progressives who are advancing their agenda through print.

They are to be ignored.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

I just want to know where I can pick up one of these Ar15's with rapid burst......

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    I just want to know where I can pick up one of these Ar15's with rapid burst......
    They're right next to the machine guns and shoulder thing that goes up at the local gun shows.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post

They are attempting to sue the gun manufacturer, Remington; the wholesaler; and a local retailer for recklessness in providing the weapon to the consumer marketplace “with no conceivable use for it other than the mass killing of other human beings.”
    Really? I have 4 AR-15 rifles, have put thousands of rounds through each and have killed exactly zero people with it. I guess they can't "conceive" of target shooting......
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!