Thread: Kel-Tec KSG Problem Solved!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Thumbs up Kel-Tec KSG Problem Solved!

The last two times I took the KSG out to shoot, it refused to cycle a new shell into the chamber. After the first time, I sent it back to Kel-Tec to get them to "fix" it; they replaced the insides and said the problem was fixed.

I took it out again and it still refused to load a shell from the tube.

So, as I was taking all my stuff off it that I had installed, I decided to try it again with some snap caps. This time it cycled flawlessly. Baffled, I started replacing the stuff and then it dawned on me that the problem could be the triangular forearm grip I had attached to the bottom picatinny rail. As I slowly cycled it back, I noticed the forearm didn't come all the way back. When I took it off again, it did come all the way back.

I took my forearm grip and sanded it down on the belt sander. This time, it allowed the forearm to come all the way back. I ran my four snap caps through it about 5 more times and it still functioned flawlessly every time.

Viola! Problem solved. My grip was preventing the forearm from completing the loading cycle.

Now, I'm happy! My KSG works like it's supposed to. Yahoo!

(I noticed a guy on a Youtube video having the same problems and he had the same forearm grip I have on mine. I hope he figures it out. The solution is pretty simple.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

That's great.

If you don't have a youtube account shoot me a link to his video and I'll let him know about this thread for a fix.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Congrats! I know that was sort of irritating you when we went out. It is nice to have the problem fixed and to know what was causing the problem!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

So your Printarding it prevented it from working. Congrats on figuring it out.

I had a similar thing happen when I put the Magul PRS stock on my match AR15 rifle. This one.

The original bolt from the A2 stock that was holding it to the buffer tube was reused with the PRS stock. I had problems with the gun not locking back and the more I shot it the more I started to get double taps with one pull of the trigger. Not a good thing. I chased that problem for 10 months. Put a new bolt catch / release in. Even rebarreled the upper. Got another bolt carrier group for it. Nothing fixed it then one day I was trying to work on it again. I started to take the stock off by unscrewing the bolt that holds it to the buffer tube. For some reason I attempted to charge the weapon after the stock was off and viola ... the bolt locked back. I put the stock back over the tube and attempted to screw the bolt back in. It stopped 1/4" short of screwing in fully. I released the bolt group and then it screwed in all the way. I took it out, sawed it off, beveled the front and then screwed it back in. Haven't had a problem since then.