Thread: Alright.... who has #1?

Alright.... who has #1?

I don't believe this guy for a second.... when 00001 gets found I'm sure he'll drop his price

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=551132601

EDIT: Sorry, just realized this isn't the Polytech forum but hey, it is Chinese so maybe its ok!

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Correct me if i am wrong, but i thing the reality of it is, the serial numbering system probably just rolled over to a different format. These things are made in multiple factories by different producers and exported by Norinco under the polyteck name along with other names. And the DF probably has something to do with the date. So it might have been the second one made by Factory 386 for that year. Not really a big deal now is it...
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I know a guy who has a couple of the Poly Tech 0001 that he got directly from the Keng Family.

The reality is that the Keng family specified the Poly Tech name and used it until the final ban by william jefferson clinton. With one exception every line of rifles that they ordered through Poly Technologies started with 0001.

The DF in the serial number denoted an underfolding stock (down folder) on a milled rifle.

With their stamped rifles they used P or C to denote which factory built the rifle, and W for fixed wood stock, F for underfolder and S for side folder, so the first stamped fixed stock would be PW-00001.

I was looking at that auction earlier, and about choked when I saw the asking price. From what I would guess, that rifle was originally in the Keng collection as they usually kept the first couple for themselves. The only catch being is I believe the Kengs gave a certificate of authentication when one of their special collection was sold.

Now the only one that doesn't fit the 0001 being the first is the Galil style (what the Kengs called it) side folder which they forgot to start a new number sequence and they would up mixed in with the conventional Chinese style side folders.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    I know a guy who has a couple of the Poly Tech 0001 that he got directly from the Keng Family.

The reality is that the Keng family specified the Poly Tech name and used it until the final ban by william jefferson clinton. With one exception every line of rifles that they ordered through Poly Technologies started with 0001.

The DF in the serial number denoted an underfolding stock (down folder) on a milled rifle.

With their stamped rifles they used P or C to denote which factory built the rifle, and W for fixed wood stock, F for underfolder and S for side folder, so the first stamped fixed stock would be PW-00001.

I was looking at that auction earlier, and about choked when I saw the asking price. From what I would guess, that rifle was originally in the Keng collection as they usually kept the first couple for themselves. The only catch being is I believe the Kengs gave a certificate of authentication when one of their special collection was sold.

Now the only one that doesn't fit the 0001 being the first is the Galil style (what the Kengs called it) side folder which they forgot to start a new number sequence and they would up mixed in with the conventional Chinese style side folders.
    Interesting. My god you know a lot about this.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Actually my knowledge of Poly Tech come from spending many hours in conversation with the Keng family. Really nice bunch!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    These things are made in multiple factories by different producers and exported by Norinco under the polyteck name along with other names.
    Definitely agree, my AK47S is of the pre-keng era (FTC in CA) and in the 04XX range... I'll guarantee that there is a Keng rifle with the same serial number.

And of course he's knowledgeable!! Nut of AK's after all!!!
    Last edited by Stinkyrat; 04-08-2016 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Actually my knowledge of Poly Tech come from spending many hours in conversation with the Keng family. Really nice bunch!!!
    They are still around and in business. Maybe a discreet question could....
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

for that price it had better come with a mouth.

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

^Really? One of the resons I love my rifles more than my wife is that they don't talk back.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Forum Administrator

Oh that certainly is gun 0002.....its real.