Thread: I went to Woodbury Yesterday

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Cool I went to Woodbury Yesterday

Otherwise known as Senoia Georgia and Alexandria, VA. Yes one town for representing two key towns from The Walking Dead series on AMC. It turns out to be about 65 miles from where I live here in Georgia. The wife and I took a tour, it took just over 3 hours in duration. The tour guide is an extra that was a Woodburian. He did a great job, very entertaining. It was pretty awesome to walk around the shoot locations for a series that I am a major fan of.

Here is the classic view up the main street of Senoia / Woodbury minus the buss barricade.

3 minutes walking the opposite way from the main street photo we have Alexandria.

There really are people that live in there and the show posts security guards around it to keep tourists out. The guide said the wall is permitted to be up for 4 more years, this speaks to how long Alexandria may be in the story line.

This is supposed to be the bike or one of them that Daryl rides around on in the episodes. It strikes me that it isn't a very large bike, I'm also wondering if the cardboard cut out of Norman Reedus is really life size. If so he's not very tall.

This is supposed to be a Wolf Walker prop. It is located in a store called The Woodbury Shop in Senoia. It is where you get your ticket / wrist bracelet to take the tour. AMC has merchandise exactly like they have at their On Line TWD Store. Some of the prices are just insane. Still my otherwise frugal nature did suffer some break down. I picked up a hat (wearing it in these photos) and the wife made me get a shirt for our 8 Lb. Yorkie mix.

Buddy our dog sporting his new Daryl Vest.

Woodbury's Walker Fight Arena through the trees. It was a storage tank manufacturing plant. Since TWD it has been used in several other productions including Mocking Jay.

We drove by this and the other house in the episode that introduced the Claimers after Rick story line. This is the house where Carl sits on the roof eating chocolate pudding.

This is the House where Carl and Rick hole up in, and then the Claimers break into it.

More in another post
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 04-11-2016 at 05:25 PM.

The "Away With You Wall" from the episode "Clear".

One of the walls in the apartment used for Morgan's strong hold. The TV series painted over all the markings but the owner had them reproduced and it is one of the 3 places you get to actually walk in and around on the tour.

Places you don't get to see; the prison as it is / was. It was located on the movie lot in Atlanta where they do much of the inside buildings filming. The prison has been torn down since they finished it in the story line. Hershel's farm is also on that property but it is really a private residence located at the end of a 2 mile long drive. Also as mentioned nobody gets to go inside the walled off area of Alexandria. Security shoots down drones that have attempted to fly over it, they say that 3 have been brought down.

Another shot of the wall of Alexandria showing the burned out house shells that lead to the series gate into the town. In reality there are several gates in the wall but those are not shown on the series.

The Esco Feed Mill used in the Governor meets Rick episode and later Governor kills Merle episode.

Holding back the Hordes of Undead!

That's all for now.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 04-11-2016 at 05:28 PM.

Very cool tour, Schuetzenman. I'm also a big fan of the series.

We've all seen Daryl's bike on the series, but I don't know what it is.

It is a chopped Triumph (a British bike), has 2 cylinders. Aside from that I can't tell you the CC size of it.

After some google research it is a 1970 ish Triumph Bonneville, 650 CC with 69 HP engine. The frame is supposed to be from a 1965 Yamaha XS650 cc bike.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 04-10-2016 at 06:19 PM.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Most of them were 650 cc. The 750 cc's were three cylinders. They had a scaled down 500 cc. that looks identical to the 650, but smaller.

I love the sound of a 650 Triumph...
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    That is so cool! Thanks for sharing the pictures!!!

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Looks like it was a fun trip. Cool pictures.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

I am glad you had fun and it has been 25 years or more since I was
    in Senoia. It is good that the town looks a good deal better.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    I am glad you had fun and it has been 25 years or more since I was
    in Senoia. It is good that the town looks a good deal better.
    They have made a ton of money I'm guessing from the AMC show. It is funny seeing the reality of the town. It wouldn't be so easy to defend from walkers as it was depicted in the series.

pretty cool, looks like an abandoned world.

Reedus isn't a very big guy.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

that's cool. I love movie and TV sets. Always have.

I watch Adamthewoo on youtube all the time because he will go to these places, even as far as finding old places from movies done in the 40s.

BISHOP

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Those are some really cool pics. However, some guy kept following you around. He's in about 60% of your photos. It's a shame he had to mess them up for you.

"Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

I've never seen the show so i have no idea what you guys are talking about
    Still that had to be a fun day for a fan
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

That is too cool. Thanks for posting this.

Now that is pretty darn cool. Thanks for posting the pictures for sure. It is one of the few shows that I watch. Matter of fact. Will be missing it tonight.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Awesome! Glad you had a good time.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    That is too cool. Thanks for posting this.
    You and all the others are welcome. It was a ton of fun. Some other places we drove by but didn't get out at were; the Motel where Merle hot wires the car and sets off the alarm. Also we drove by the Steve's Pharmacy where Glenn and Maggie got it on for the first time. The bar is there at the same location. The fense where Randall falls and gets impaled isn't there. That was put in for the show then pulled out. Alot of that goes on, they build walls and fences and then take them back out.

Quote Originally Posted by El Duce View Post
    Now that is pretty darn cool. Thanks for posting the pictures for sure. It is one of the few shows that I watch. Matter of fact. Will be missing it tonight.
    TWD has wrapped up for the season. They begin filming again in May so the guide said. However tonight is the season 2 launch of Fear The Walking Dead. I do plan to check it out. Now that the Walker outbreak is in full swing it should be a lot more interesting than the first seaon.

When I first met my future wife I spent the night with her. I awoke on a Sunday morning
    and left to go home. After driving less than a mile I drove into a movie set, they had taken
    little 5 points (Atlanta) and turned it into the Piggly Wiggly scene from the movie "Driving Miss Daisy".
    In just a moment I was transported to the 40's.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post

When I first met my future wife I spent the night with her. I awoke on a Sunday morning
    and left to go home. After driving less than a mile I drove into a movie set, they had taken
    little 5 points (Atlanta) and turned it into the Piggly Wiggly scene from the movie "Driving Miss Daisy".
    In just a moment I was transported to the 40's.
    Wow that's cool too! On those lines the guide talked about all the films and TV shows being shot or about to be shot here in GA. It is a fairly extensive list. The Hunger Games moves after the 1st one (which was shot mostly in NC) have been shot here in the region. Zombie Land was also shot here in GA to a large degree. Sleepy Hollow, I think that's a Fox network show is going to be filmed here this year. Also Pinewood Studios from England has supposed to have built a huge movie production lot here in GA, in or just outside Fayetteville.