Thread: Got my new rifle

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2014 Hatedbysheeple's Avatar

Got my new rifle

So after spending the morning calling around town, looking for an armalite ar10 tac20, I was not having any luck finding one in stock. So I called back to the shop I have been dealing with for the last couple weeks with suppressors and asked them to order me one. The owner asked me if I was married to the armalite, I told him not specifically but I had some requirements. Minimum 18" barrel, no quad rail, rifle length gas system, accepts p-mags, precision stock, and two stage trigger. So he asked if I would be interested in an Adams Arms Alpha S, he gave me the price he would sell it for and I told him I would check it out, fours later it is sitting next to me.

So 18" threaded heavy barrel, ar gold trigger, Luth-ar precision adjustable stock, samson 15" rail, takes magpul mags, all internals and barrel melonite coated, and a short stroke tool less adjustable piston.

Mounting a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 First focal plane scope with MOA reticle on a 20 MOA cant vortex scope mount. Still need to order a bipod, and butt stock monopod. Ordering 8x 25rnd pmags and 4x 10 rnd pmags. Also some back up iron sights.

Initial Success or Total Failure

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

It is similar looking but a bit different. Looks fierce. I eagerly await your accuracy results.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Nice.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Looks good!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Hope it shoots as nice as it looks!!!

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Looks like a fine piece of kit.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Fine weapon and a good choice I believe. Congrats on the addition to your family!

good going with rails vs keymod, have to order everything for that , no shop in the area carries for it yet.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

That is one slick looking piece of hardware.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    good going with rails vs keymod, have to order everything for that , no shop in the area carries for it yet.
    Ditto ... I picked up one of those Hex-Fluted barrels a couple weeks ago and a key-mod handguard to put on a Spikes "Jack" receiver, then figured out how difficult/expensive it is to mount anything on it ... The seller only had key-mod rail sections to mount anything on and of course I wanted to put a bipod on it, so I had to use a 3" rail section to put my bi-pod adapter on so I could finally mount my bipod.

I found a key-mod bipod adapter for $30 with shipping from Primary Arms ... That was the least expensive one I could find but if they catch on I imagine others will start making them and the priced will come down.

In retrospect, I like the look of the M-Loc better ... It doesn't have that Walmart shelving look to it.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

The M-Lock is supposed to be stronger.