Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: After Ted Cruz Dropped Out, Google Searches for THIS Term Spiked Big Time

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    I didn't elect Obama, win WW2, or own slaves. I can't be blamed for colonization or praised for saving France.

Collectivism and social justice in all its forms are inherently anti-individualist and immoral, whether or not it is from a national or global perspective.
    When I said, "we" in my post I was implying "we" as a country, not "we" as individuals as I don't think anyone, here, voted for the Mulatto-in-Chief.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post
    The GOP either needs to be destroyed, or reinvented with Libertarian thinkers under its wing to get back on course.
    When this happens will the conservatives be forced to end their absurd war against marijuana use? The libertarian approach if implemented by the GOP has got to work both ways for people to be attracted. My problem with libertarian thinking is their support for open borders and in extreme cases the idea that all roads should be toll roads.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman View Post
    It's good to see that someone else can see the light through the fog. Trump is a Nationalist.....So was Hitler.
    Well actually Hitler was a Nazi which is not exactly the same thing as a Nationalist. A Nazi puts the all powerful state above the individual. The Nationalist simply puts their country above other countries. The idea that "America first" equates to nazism is certainly being pushed by liberals, e.g., the ADL, but I don't see how any thinking person can buy into it.

UPS delivered some bulk ammo to me the other day and the driver made a salient comment - "Buy all you can now - when Hillary is elected you won't be able to get any more."

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    http://www.ijreview.com/2016/05/5981...ntent=politics

"libertarian party" and "gary johnson" searches skyrocketed on Google...
    I googled him. He is for open borders and IMHO therefore a traitor.

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    When this happens will the conservatives be forced to end their absurd war against marijuana use? The libertarian approach if implemented by the GOP has got to work both ways for people to be attracted. My problem with libertarian thinking is their support for open borders and in extreme cases the idea that all roads should be toll roads.
    As for the marijuana... Let's hope so. Banning it has done America about as much good as prohibition of alcohol did. Zero. As to the open boarders (and the extreme cases of toll roads for all), this is where my view does an about face with the LP. To open the floodgates to all is to kill our national identity and end our sovereignty. I oppose open boarders.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

LP gets almost zero press. These people have to go seeking him out to even hear his welcoming of them other than word of mouth.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Quote Originally Posted by AK-J View Post
    They said that there was no difference between Mccain and Obama, or Romney and Obama...

However, I don't think we would have had Justices Sotomayor or Kagan on the court if either Mccain or Romney were elected. We also wouldn't have had the "Arab Spring" or the surge of ISIS. There wouldn't be pending executive orders on gun control either. Obama Care wouldn't exist. Benghazi, Iran nuclear deal, restoration of relations with Cuba, the decimation of our armed forces, IRS scandal... Just to name a few "differences."

I wasn't a Mccain or Romney supporter, but I saw the bigger picture and voted for them in the general election anyways. We are already doing a hell of a lot worse than Trump... I don't think this country will survive another "Obama" term.

Don't forget... there is a vacancy on the Supreme Court. Do you really think the 2nd Amendment will survive with another leftist on the bench? There is a hell of a lot more at stake than your "conscience."
    What you call the big picture is just an expanded view of the here and now, with very little view of the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman View Post
    It's good to see that someone else can see the light through the fog. Trump is a Nationalist.....So was Hitler.
    Nationalism in and of itself is nothing evil. Hitlers nationalism is not what was rotten about him. His passion and love for Germany is admirable. I wish our own politicians loved our country as much.

The holocaust aside, what made Hitler such a shit head was authoritarianism. He had a view for how every ondividual should fit in society and how society should be. Anything or anyone that did not fit his vision was demonized and crucified. Trump supporters seem to generally be of similar mind set. There are 3a kinds of Trump supporters at this point: those described in the previous line eho worship the ground he walks on. The next is the 'fuck it, he's a wild card, I wanna see how he shakes shit up once in office", and the last... peole who don't like them, but don't know how to abandon a sinking ship (the GOP).

Quote Originally Posted by AK-J View Post
    There is a hell of a lot more at stake than your "conscience."
    I have to respectfully disagree. What was it John Adams said? Something to the effect that our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

I think in a nut shell this is what is largley what is wrong with the country right now. I think America is about to vote for all the bad goverment it deserves.

If you wish to throw your principles out just for the sake of winning so be it. But ask yourself what is the point of winning if it is a hollow victory? I think this is the problem with the republican party's upper "leadership" they sold their principles for the sake of winning. Their win has amounted to a can of magic beans as far as I am concerned but I digress.

I feel though that there is more than just our gun rights at stake here which seems to be all that some here are concerned about. When I fist got into shooting I was surprised at just how tedious a position our gun rights were in. I was a single issue voter. The more I learned about that and the constitution though the more I realized that it wasn't just the second amendment that has been trampled on. I was a single issue voter not any more. Take for example the debt, it's what 19 TRILLION now? At some point the intrest alone will excede tax income. I guarantee no one in Washington is ready for that. When it reaches that point there will be a lot more to worry about than buying a gun.

I just can't do the lesser of two evils anymore sorry. One has to take a stand at some point. Doing the samething over and over again and expecting a different reult is crazy. I reached that point with George Bush jr. Trump is a better choice than Hitlery for sure so I can't fault anyone who votes the lesser or two evils. But please never throw your conscience away. When everyone does that we will get all the bad government we deserve.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    I have to respectfully disagree. What was it John Adams said? Something to the effect that our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

I think in a nut shell this is what is largley what is wrong with the country right now. I think America is about to vote for all the bad goverment it deserves.

If you wish to throw your principles out just for the sake of winning so be it. But ask yourself what is the point of winning if it is a hollow victory? I think this is the problem with the republican party's upper "leadership" they sold their principles for the sake of winning. Their win has amounted to a can of magic beans as far as I am concerned but I digress.

I feel though that there is more than just our gun rights at stake here which seems to be all that some here are concerned about. When I fist got into shooting I was surprised at just how tedious a position our gun rights were in. I was a single issue voter. The more I learned about that and the constitution though the more I realized that it wasn't just the second amendment that has been trampled on. I was a single issue voter not any more. Take for example the debt, it's what 19 TRILLION now? At some point the intrest alone will excede tax income. I guarantee no one in Washington is ready for that. When it reaches that point there will be a lot more to worry about than buying a gun.

I just can't do the lesser of two evils anymore sorry. One has to take a stand at some point. Doing the samething over and over again and expecting a different reult is crazy. I reached that point with George Bush jr. Trump is a better choice than Hitlery for sure so I can't fault anyone who votes the lesser or two evils. But please never throw your conscience away. When everyone does that we will get all the bad government we deserve.
    Well said. I think your first point is the most important. We have done away with our understanding of what right and wrong is, that we are to be submissive to a higher power, and by doing this we are no longer grounded. We no longer understand why our Constitution was written and why it was written the way it way. We no longer understand that dangers of allowing the government to violate our natural rights and we are willing to vote for someone who will give us things we want at the expense of the things we need.

I had a similar awakening over time, realizing how my belief in one part of the Constitution was really applicable to the entire Constitution. This is what most liberals don't come to understand. When a liberal is willing to throw out the Second Amendment they are also willing to throw out all the other Amendments, and the core constitutional document, to make that possible. The Constitution does not really work without each part being used as designed. It also doesn't work when it is separated from the Declaration of Independence, but even many conservatives and libertarians do not realize the interdependence of it all.

The one point I would discuss with you is the "lesser of two evils". While I understand what you are saying I have come to look at it in a different way. There will never be a candidate that I agree with 100% on every issue. Because of this I have to choose the one that is closest to what I find most important which is always a lesser of X (fill in the number) evils. The problem we have as conservatives (and I think to a lesser extent libertarians) is that what America in general will tolerate is so far from our values as conservatives it just hurts to vote. It hurts because instead of voting or the person who can help America get better we have to vote for the person who will hurt America and the Constitution the least. In the last two elections we voted for someone because they were the "first" the absolute worst reason to vote for someone for president of this great country, but a majority did that anyway. That is what we fight against. And it leaves us with no real good options unless we just roll over and let Secretary Clinton win and complete the destruction of the Constitution that liberals have been fighting working on for so long.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12