Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brought home a new toy

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2014 Hatedbysheeple's Avatar

Brought home a new toy

Picked this guy up today, once I started getting into the SBR/suppressor game, I knew I was in trouble. I finished the ATF Form 1 for this guy about 5 minutes ago, I will get the mp5 style collapsing stock and direct thread Bowers vers 9s sub gun suppressor. Might cut the barrel down to 6".

SIG MPX 9mm with 8 inch barrel and 30rnd mags.

Initial Success or Total Failure

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Nice!

I got the Scorpion recently and intend for it to be my first SBR and suppressor host.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

cheat and get the sidefolder with shockwave arm thingy.

or go SAS with a good sling.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    cheat and get the sidefolder with shockwave arm thingy.

or go SAS with a good sling.

Interesting. I sort of expected you to call the stabilization brace gay.

I'm thinking about bracing it, but part of me wants original hardware on the scorpion and a real stock (SBR) on the draco.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

The scorpion and this were in a multi day contest, really liked it as well but I liked the barrel length options and caliber change options on the sig more. One thing to be aware of with the scorpion is the 922r compliance issue when turning it into an sbr, CZ-USA sell 922r compliant stock kits for this.

922r only counts if you made it.........
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

922r only counts if you made it.........
    If i understand this right when you convert it into an SBR with a Form 1, in the eyes of the ATF you are now the manufacturer, so it comes under 922r.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

Very nice!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hatedbysheeple View Post
    If i understand this right when you convert it into an SBR with a Form 1, in the eyes of the ATF you are now the manufacturer, so it comes under 922r.
    Much swallowed internet BS>

it becomes non-sporting .
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Nice. I've been thinking about getting my Group Industries built semi-auto Uzi SBR'ed. I might like it enough to actually shoot the thing then.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Nice. I've been thinking about getting my Group Industries built semi-auto Uzi SBR'ed. I might like it enough to actually shoot the thing then.

Don't you already have registered suppressors?

I would think an Uzi would make a really fun suppressed SBR with an interesting historical background.

Been looking at those, the mags are spendy.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Don't you already have registered suppressors?

I would think an Uzi would make a really fun suppressed SBR with an interesting historical background.
    Yes but one is .22 lr and the other is for 5.56. Neither is going to work for 9 mm. And yes if you use 147 gr. or heavier bullets they are subsonic and quiet like a .22 LR with subsonics.

Much swallowed internet BS>

it becomes non-sporting .
    That's my opinion too, but CZ asked the alphabet soup company if 922r applies and they responded that it does ... not wanting to be a test case, I got the kit.

For $200 it comes with the factory stock ... you'll pay that much or more from other sources for the same stock ... you can get the brace adapter and use it until your stamp comes back, then remove the pistol extension and screw in a regular stock tube but it won't fold unless you get a get a hinge of some type ... but then the stock won't actually lay flat because of the ejection deflector ...
    ... if it sound's like I've been down that road, its because I have been!

also, other stocks won't fit in the factory carry case which was only $40 and a nice accessory to have.

Kimberkid you always have the coolest shit! BTW are those mag pouches single or double mag pouches?

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Couple of very nice toys on display here!!!

Yes but one is .22 lr and the other is for 5.56. Neither is going to work for 9 mm. And yes if you use 147 gr. or heavier bullets they are subsonic and quiet like a .22 LR with subsonics.

I already checked to make sure my Federal HST 147 +P's would be subsonic out of the Scorpion.

Quote Originally Posted by kimberkid View Post
    That's my opinion too, but CZ asked the alphabet soup company if 922r applies and they responded that it does ... not wanting to be a test case, I got the kit.

For $200 it comes with the factory stock ... you'll pay that much or more from other sources for the same stock ... you can get the brace adapter and use it until your stamp comes back, then remove the pistol extension and screw in a regular stock tube but it won't fold unless you get a get a hinge of some type ... but then the stock won't actually lay flat because of the ejection deflector ...
    ... if it sound's like I've been down that road, its because I have been!

also, other stocks won't fit in the factory carry case which was only $40 and a nice accessory to have.

Its posts like these that tell me I need to start a stamp collection.

Kimberkid you always have the coolest shit! BTW are those mag pouches single or double mag pouches?
    Its because I'm old ... and I have an understanding wife! ....... BTW, they're doubles, I got them from the CZ store for $7.99 ea.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    I already checked to make sure my Federal HST 147 +P's would be subsonic out of the Scorpion.
    Wow ... even +P's are sub-sonic? I've never even thought to check on that.

For play & practice I load 147grain plated sub's for about 18 cents/round ... but I have a case or so of Speer Gold Dot 9mm 147g HP's in case anything serious comes up
    I never felt like was cost effective to load plinking 9mm ammo, but for anything 147 it is!

http://www.lymanproducts.com/lyman/b....php?entryID=6

I have this Lyman 9 mm 147 gr. round nose (has a small flat at the tip. These feed just fine in my Group and my Glocks. I use an after market barrel in the Glock with the cast bullet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast