Thread: Sweet Mother of God!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Exclamation Sweet Mother of God!

I want one of these sooooooooooooooooooo bad!

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...iver&groupid=6

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I think somebody on here built a rifle with one of those recently.

Not my style, but I'm sure it's high quality.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

Remember: It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission. Better hurry 41P is right around the corner.

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

I approve this shit! WANT IT NOW!
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

I'm a purist. If it doesn't look 100% stock AR-15, I don't want it.

Can you imagine how doofy this rifle would look with that receiver?

(click for larger)

Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Yeah but that's because of the old-assed upper.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Someday I am going to start a build like that one you have there Krupski
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Start with the right lower first.

http://www.nodakspud.com/AR%20Lowers.htm

BISHOP

I say go for it, enjoy it while you still can!

I suppose I would have seen it sooner or later had you not brought it up ...
    ... little Jack's big brother got here today

I picked up a spring and pin kit at the shop along with a safety and mag catch ... threw on an AR stock I had in a box ... but the really fun stuff is just beginning! Bigger than the 223 & softer than a 308; I haven't decided if it'll be 260 Remington or 6.5 Creedmore but I guess I need to make a decision so I can get it shooting!

Surprisingly, the 308 upper/Lower set is tight! It also has a screw in the lower tighten the upper & lower but it actually just pushes the upper and lower apart ... not a fan but I don't need to use it.

I've tried the 223 Jack on several uppers ... they all have the typical AR slop so I used my last JP Enterprise Tension Pin ... it pulls the halves together instead of pushing them apart; down side is that you need an alan wrench to install/remove it.
    Last edited by kimberkid; 06-26-2016 at 12:31 AM.

I am Green with envy!

I set up at a gun show a few weeks ago, sold 4 AK's that were just gathering dust ever since I picked up the Valmet tube-folder and SBR'd a Zastava M85 and M92 a year or two ago ... I also sold my DPMS LR308 which I've had for several years and I couldn't get to shoot under 3"; the Bushmaster M17S and a couple 10-22's ... it seem's like there were a couple others that went to new homes but I can't think of them right now ... all to get funds to build the Jack 308 into a 6.5 Creedmore!

Dam if I didn't go over budget ... and now I'm wondering how to pay off my credit card!

I decided to go with the JP Enterprise 22" barrel, adjustable gas block, polished s.s. bolt carrier, JP signature float tube, silent captured recoil buffer/spring, Giselle match trigger, Leupold E/LR 8.5-25x50 scope, Versa-Pod for the front and Magpul grip and PRS stock and a Accushot mono-pod for the back (initially I put the Luth-AR stock on it but I have a previous build I'm going to switch it to) ... of course I'm reloading for it so I ordered Hornady's custom die's along with a neck sizer, and I'll be loading on my Dillon so 550B so I needed a new tool head, powder drop, conversion kit and tool head stand ... of course then I need bullets and new brass. Lastly I needed a reaction bar to mount the barrel and instead of spending $230 on a Giselle 308 rod I found a KAC "Knight Stick" which is for DPMS pattern 308's and their SR-15 of which I also have one of (but I don't see myself ever changing the barrel) ... but it was only $95 with shipping.

There went most of the cash ... I'm still waiting on the barrel and brass ... hopefully next week.

Also at the show there was a guy with the ATN Digital 5-20 gen 2 scopes ... as a fellow vendor he cut me a deal for $615 ... they go for $699 and I didn't have to pay another $60 in sales tax :-

Fortunately ... or unfortunately I also took a couple things in on trade which I still have ... a LNIB 1969 Marlin 30-30; it's the Golden Spike commemorative which I'm into for $450 and a Marlin Camp 45 which takes 1911 mags ... which I'm into for $800 I'll come out ok on them but they really aren't in my realm of desire but there was also cash involved. When I sell them I'll be alright but I'll never get my investment back out of the Creedmoor.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Yeah but that's because of the old-assed upper.

No, really... look how bad (photoshopped):

(click for larger)

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post
    Start with the right lower first.

http://www.nodakspud.com/AR%20Lowers.htm

BISHOP

I had an unused, unbuilt Bushy lower, so I figured I'd use it for my son's "retro" build. Although a proper looking lower would be even nicer.