Thread: Beretta Model 84

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Beretta Model 84

I was just perusing the AIM website and saw they were selling Israeli police turn-in Beretta M84s in .380 ACP. They were about $360, which is about half the cost of a new one. They looked pretty good but they are now all sold out. I have signed up to be notified if they get any more in. From what I can tell they are comparable to CZ 83s, about the same size and caliber. Does anyone know about them or have you gotten to shoot one?
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I was just perusing the AIM website and saw they were selling Israeli police turn-in Beretta M84s in .380 ACP. They were about $360, which is about half the cost of a new one. They looked pretty good but they are now all sold out. I have signed up to be notified if they get any more in. From what I can tell they are comparable to CZ 83s, about the same size and caliber. Does anyone know about them or have you gotten to shoot one?

No personal experience, but I do think they look sexy! Plus I love spotting them in Italian movies.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

No experience, sorry.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Looks to be a fairly large pistol for only being a .380
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    Looks to be a fairly large pistol for only being a .380
    That is sort of what I am looking for. My wife and daughter are smaller and having a .380 in a closer to full size pistol is nice for them as the recoil is manageable. I understand the loss of power, but power doesn't matter if you cannot hit what you are aiming at.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

I have one that looks just like the one with wood grips.
    I have had it since the early 90s.
    I love mine its my carry pistol.

Unless the Israelis modified it, the pistols have 13Rd mags, assisted magazine ejection and wont fire unless the mag is in place.
    They have loaded chamber indicator, ambidextrous safety levers, and a mag release button that is movable to either side. It feels good in my hand. I have small hands and it fits nicely.
    Since they are from the same factory, the Beretta can take the "cheaper" Browning BDA magazines because the only difference from the two frames is one has a safety lever and the Browning doesn't. I have even modified a BDA slide to fit and the Beretta frame.
    I only need a little gun smithing that is beyond my abilities to get the de-cocker to work. It works using the Beretta barrel and recoil spring.
    It is a full size pistol, it would easily be a 9mm but they went 9mm Kurtz instead (380 auto).
    Disassembly is easy as pushing a button and flipping a lever like the full size Beretta.

BISHOP
    Last edited by BISHOP; 05-16-2016 at 05:47 AM.

Bishop, thanks for that. I have asked to be notified if they come back in and I am really thinking this would work for what I want.

NRA Endowment Member