Thread: So let's talk prepper guns

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post So let's talk prepper guns

After today, it's all historical.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

A subject that can fill volumes of books. Myself; I think military standard caliber weapons is a must have. Reliable and accurate also part of the criteria.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    A subject that can fill volumes of books. Myself; I think military standard caliber weapons is a must have. Reliable and accurate also part of the criteria.
    True. I personally would have 2 rifles( long range and short range ) and a pistol, all in common calibers. Reliability and simplicity would be the most important to me. All the electronic type gadgets will be pretty useless when batteries are unobtainable.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman View Post
    True. I personally would have 2 rifles( long range and short range ) and a pistol, all in common calibers. Reliability and simplicity would be the most important to me. All the electronic type gadgets will be pretty useless when batteries are unobtainable.
    Yeah batteries don't last forever but part of the preps is having Lithium batteries that have 10+ year shelf life. Aside from that, BUIS on anything with a red dot. Scopes, no batteries for them to work in daylight or moon light.