Thread: Jesus: The First Transgender Man

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Jesus: The First Transgender Man

The left is on a full out war on christians. check this bullshit out.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/suzann..._10006134.html

The current flap in conservative Christian circles about bathroom access is a bit baffling. They shout about God not making mistakes, as if God only works in binaries and anything falling outside of black and white cannot be from him. But we don’t have a black and white God; creation is so full of color and variation that it’s incomprehensible how we Christians struggle to pare him down to the limited palette of our individual expectations.

The worst offenders are the Christian’s who claim to take the Bible literally. Of course they don’t actually do that; they impose their own filters on stories and phrases to fit their particular ideology. If they really did as they claim to do, they would quickly see that Jesus must be, by their own exegetical rules, the first transgender male.

Let’s take a look at what the Bible and Christianity tell us.

The teaching of the church from ancient days through today is that Jesus received his fleshly self from Mary. The church also teaches that Jesus is the new Adam, born of the new Eve.

Now Eve is a fascinating creature for many reasons. The Bible tells us she is the first example of human cloning, which I touched on in this post. But the fun doesn’t stop there. If we take the Genesis account in it’s literal meaning, as conservative Christians demand that we do, she is also the first case of a transgender woman. God reached into Adam, pulled out a bit of rib bone, and grew Eve from that XY DNA into Adam’s companion. She was created genetically male, and yet trans-formed into woman.

Then along comes Jesus and the whole pattern is both repeated and reversed. The first couple’s refusal to cooperate is turned around by Mary’s yes, and the second act of cloning occurs. The Holy Spirit comes upon the second Eve, and the child takes flesh from her and is born. Born of her flesh. Born with XX chromosome pairing. Born genetically female, and yet trans-formed into man.

States that do not support trans persons’ right to choose the restroom that fits their identity demand that bathroom usage be based on a person’s “biological sex.” One can imagine a future in which state licences require not only a vision test, but also a genetic test so that bouncers proofing at bathroom doors have something tangible to review. And that means that if Jesus and Eve were walking around today, perhaps shopping at the mall for a Father’s Day gift, they’d have to swap restrooms. Now Jesus could surely manage to finesse his way around a woman’s room, but poor Eve...

A quick look at the dictionary for the prefix “trans” tells us that it means “across,” “beyond,” “through,” and “changing thoroughly,” all of which are great terms for the person of Christ. He cuts across all boundaries. He is beyond our understanding. He is through all and in all. He changes us thoroughly into new creations.

In his person, and in his salvific actions, Jesus is truly the first and forever trans man.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

I find it amazing that people actually get paid money to write shit like this. I guess if one is a freelance writer attacking traditional values is a good way to make money.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

The writer is a funny person, must be a comedian. Here is some of the irony of her logic.

Here she acknowledges the amazing adaptability and variation in God's creative abilities.
    But we don’t have a black and white God; creation is so full of color and variation that it’s incomprehensible how we Christians struggle to pare him down to the limited palette of our individual expectations.
    Then she rightly points out that Christians limit God when we say we understand exactly what He did, how He did it, and why He did it.
    The worst offenders are the Christian’s who claim to take the Bible literally. Of course they don’t actually do that; they impose their own filters on stories and phrases to fit their particular ideology.
    Then, she does exactly what she accuses Christians of doing and applies her own "filters" to make the creation story and the story of Jesus birth fit her particular ideology, ignoring the adaptability and creative vision that she acknowledged earlier. All the while, as you point out, doing this to make fun of and disparage those who believe what God has told us about Creation. In doing this she limits God to her own understanding, which apparently is not much of any of the subjects she is trying to discuss, biblical stories, theology, or biology. She will be hailed as a hero of the left for writing this, though.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    I find it amazing that people actually get paid money to write shit like this. I guess if one is a freelance writer attacking traditional values is a good way to make money.
    This.

The fact they may get paid for such is irrelevant, for these are the convoluted thoughts that come to them naturally. The sad part is in the end on judgement day, the gift of salvation, wich they refused and even derided, is completely free to all.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

I agree. Nonsense. So stupid.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I'm going to spend as much time reading this article as the author did reading the Bible....
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    I'm going to spend as much time reading this article as the author did reading the Bible....
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

For her next article, she's going to write about Mohammed being a drag queen. Yeah!
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars