Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Are Your Carry Pieces?

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I haven't carried at church yet and I am debating with myself if I should. I know my church has security (volunteers) and I do not know what protection they have other than radios but we are not quite sitting ducks. I go back and forth on it.

I have also been surprised at my summer carry piece. I expected to shift to the G26 in the summer as it is somewhat smaller but even in shorts and a t-shirt (as long as I make sure it is a long one) carrying the G19 has not been as issue. If I wear an untucked polo shirt length is really not an issue.

Why wouldn't you carry? Whats the advantage besides having lighter pants?
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Why wouldn't you carry? Whats the advantage besides having lighter pants?
    Actually it is because I don't wear a suit and I don't have a sport coat. Most other places I can wear my shirt out but at church I wear a shirt and tie and having my shirt untucked just doesn't look write.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Actually it is because I don't wear a suit and I don't have a sport coat. Most other places I can wear my shirt out but at church I wear a shirt and tie and having my shirt untucked just doesn't look write.

I pocket carry in that situation.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Glock 29 with double-tap 180 grn hornady XTPs, wife carries a Taurus 709S in her purse, I like that little gun. When I bought it, I took it to the range and ran 500 rounds through it with only one failure to eject towards the end, it was getting pretty grundgy by then

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Stock Glock 19 IWB year-'round. Glock 35 with a Streamlight TLR-1 on the hip when I'm roaming the woods.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Why don't you get one of the Sneaky Pete CCW holster systems. http://www.sneakypeteholsters.com/

I used to have a KelTec P3AT; traded it for the Ruger LCP which was smoother but a few weeks ago I sold it and got a Glock 43 which I really like.
    Other carry pieces include the Beretta 70 in 22 or 32 ... Russian Makarov in 380; High Standard derringer in 22mag ... all of which are still taking up space in the safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    You'll shoot your foot off boy!
    at least he won't poke his eye out!

probly be adding a S&W shield .45 after this weekend.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    Those look pretty sweet. I'm trying to talk my dad into expanding his M&P collection into their .45 acp offerings.

Personally I'd like a stainless 4" XDs .45 to go with my black 3.3" 9mm, just cause I'm sort of into having an "Army" and "Navy" versions of different guns.

I really don't dress up that nice to go to church. I have been known to wear a nice pair of shorts with a collared shirt. It covers anything that needs to be covered. A few weeks ago when I was helping out with the flood relief. One of the other guys asked me what I was carrying. I asked him if it was obvious. He said no, but he did notice the extra magazine sticking out of my pants pocket. Kahr mag, in a holster. No one seemed to care. The guy was also carrying, and was happy to not be the only one.

Walther PPQ M2 in 9mm. The most amazing striker fired pistol I have ever shot.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

For the last decade I carried a glock 27, but as of the last 6 months I've started exclusively carrying my glock 19. I have a ruger lcr 38 spl for a back up also.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    I just picked up a Shield 45 and love it. Surprisingly accurate for defensive shooting.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

G23.jpg

Glock 23 Gen 3. But when I don't feel comfortable carrying that (working my sales job) - then I carry a Kel Tec P32 in my front pocket. Not a manstopper, but better than nothing and I've practiced shooting two to the center of mass and then moving to the head...
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Rocking the G43 these days when I'm at work, because I have to switch into their uniform and the pants are belt less and the G43 is practically invisible. 4 mags in my coat. But when not at work sometimes I carry a G30S, or a G19 Gen 4. And spare mag or 2. Usually the G19 kinda stays in its box and I only take it to the range for suppressor fun. My G43 also gets some suppressor use at the range as well.

Guns Network Contributor 03/2015 jakebrake's Avatar

springfield trp in stainless.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arcangel View Post
    Rocking the G43 these days when I'm at work, because I have to switch into their uniform and the pants are belt less and the G43 is practically invisible. 4 mags in my coat. But when not at work sometimes I carry a G30S, or a G19 Gen 4. And spare mag or 2. Usually the G19 kinda stays in its box and I only take it to the range for suppressor fun. My G43 also gets some suppressor use at the range as well.
    You carry a ton of ammo, but I guess with the single stack mags it is a good idea. I only carry the mag in my G16 but it carries 15 rounds which is slightly more than two mags worth of G43. I did notice that you even carry extra G19 mags! I asked here once how much extra ammo/mags people carry and you would be one of the few that carries any. (This is not an attack, just an observation.)
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

You carry a ton of ammo, but I guess with the single stack mags it is a good idea. I only carry the mag in my G16 but it carries 15 rounds which is slightly more than two mags worth of G43. I did notice that you even carry extra G19 mags! I asked here once how much extra ammo/mags people carry and you would be one of the few that carries any. (This is not an attack, just an observation.)
    What is a Glock 16? Were you using the number pad at the right side of a keyboard? I notice the 6 is below the 9.

On the ammo question of how much spare ammo / magazines, I usually carry 1 extra 15 rounder for my model 19.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 01-16-2017 at 10:00 PM.

Glock 30S in a Stealth Gear owb or Shield 9mm in a Bladetech nano iwb. I carry the flush mag in the gun and the extended on my belt in both cases. Both of these holsters are really great pieces of gear.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

I get the why so much comments a lot, it's ok. I used to live in a really shitty city before I moved back home. When I was there I delivered pizza, and sometimes I delivered to bad areas, my boss didn't care about where we delivered the owners wanted the business. They also didn't care if I carried a pistol, they encouraged it as long as I was carrying legally. While delivering to said shitty areas I've seen some wild things. Drug houses, guns on the table, and multiple gangster type guys in the house, or hotel rooms. I was always worried of being robbed because I knew of other delivery guys and girls getting robbed. I dont want to get into a bad situation with 3 or more guys with guns or any other weapons. I also knew a guy that was shot 10 times with 9mm and .380 before he changed his bad lifestyle, he pissed the wrong dudes off and they had him shot up. Hollow points included, I saw the holes they put through him, healed up when I saw them but still crazy stuff. He's dead now, they finished what they had started even though he tried to get away from that life. 5 mags for a G43 is equal to 2 mags for a G19. I just never broke the habit of at least 30rds of anything. I take into account that if someone is trying to rob you its probably for drug money, and they are probably on drugs while doing so. So potential multiple attackers, drug induced stupidity, and probability of not so ideal hits or even missing altogether. I also walk to work now because my car took a shit on me, it's about a mile and a half and I don't want to get chased. Hope this helps.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast