Thread: Video Games for a shotgun... Would you?

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Video Games for a shotgun... Would you?

What would you do? I don't play the games. Have no interest in playing them. They will probably be all non functional by the time my son is old enough to enjoy them and i have a raspberry pi that has ALL the Nintendo, SEGA and Atari games ever devised on it with a Controller that is modelled after the NES one anyway so these would never get hooked up and used to begin with. I would just use the new machine... My wife also wants that shelf for her stuffed bears and things. I have more shotguns then you can shake a stick at now. Doubles, Semis, Pumps, singles, bolt action... But I want that one he is offering as well...more the merrier with guns right?

I have a friend on Facebook. That knows of my shelf of Games and also knows of my addiction to shotguns. He has offered me a Remington 1100 that is full choke barrel (no removable choketubes) Otherwise in very good condition. Couple cracks in the for end... no biggie to me to have repaired, my father is a real wizard with refinishing firearms... I generally use full choke and number 5 lead shot shells for everything... So no removable chokes is fine. He wants to trade for my game collection. The video game collection has been sitting for 15 years or more untouched. I am not sure if they still work or not. There are no game cartridges to go with them, just the base systems and accessories. i.e. controllers and wall adapters. My collection consists of an intellivision, Two PS2s a fat and a slim, an XBOX, two Atari 2600s (A fat and a slim) a super nintendo, a PS 1, a Sega Master system, A sega Genisis and the box and accessories for the NEX deluxe set including an un messed with Robbie The robot... I somehow lost the main unit years ago. I think someone borrowed it and never brought it back. He wants to trade all that for the shotgun. Here are some pics.

Here are the Games

Now here is some pics of the shotgun...

Last edited by rci2950; 05-29-2016 at 04:06 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

I suggest getting on Ebay to see what the average prices are for each gaming console. Then make a decision.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I really wish I could buy your games now. Especially anything NES or Sega Master System. The Atari stuff is good too, and I need a PS1 to replace my broken one and a PS2 to mod for playing burned games.

FYI, all that stuff has had major price spikes in the last few years. That ROB is probably worth more than you think it is. So is the box its in.

I think your game stuff may be worth more than the gun. I suggest pricing it all yourself.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

That NES box you have looks pristine. You need to try and track down the NES that goes in it. People want big bucks for boxed games these days.

Also you have an intellivision. Nice!

Got any games to go with that stuff?

You're making me think Canadian flea markets may not be as tapped out as those in the US.
    Last edited by FunkyPertwee; 05-29-2016 at 05:22 PM.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Nah the flea markets are tapped out. I had most of this stuff kicking around since the mid to late 90s
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

here.. this is what i use.

https://www.pricecharting.com/game/s...is/herzog-zwei

You have more sitting there than that beater 1100 is worth.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    I gotta agree with funky and helen, Vintage game stuff is getting pricey, I see it increasing more in the future than that shotty will. I'd also be willing to bet that every one of those systems still works.

Get the prices on the game systems and then trade him straight across for whatever systems match the value of the shotty.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

There is a game store near me with a wall of NES's. I do not think many people threw those out.
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail." ----- Jack Burton 1986