Thread: Here we go again with the media spinning the public up over an animal getting killed.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Here we go again with the media spinning the public up over an animal getting killed.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/30/us/gor...mbe/index.html

More of the same BS we saw with Cecil the lion. People are getting all spun up on facebook and saying they should have shot the kid instead blah blah blha

It is almost as though the general public has lost their minds
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I like the headlines I am seeing now that start "Murdered Gorilla". The gorilla was not murdered, it was killed. There is also a pretty good (if it is true) post going around on FB by someone who claims to be a zoo employee who works with gorillas. She says that while the gorilla may not have wanted to hurt the child just the difference in size and the fact that gorillas don't realize how fragile children are made this a very volatile situation. All I am really sure of is that the decision to kill the gorilla was not made lightly.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Just tell the animal rights bozos that they were shooting at the kid and missed. Ooops.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I recall years ago the same thing happened and a zoo employee went to the gorilla and traded something for the kid. The gorilla never hurt the kid.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

Animal rights activist a unrestrained psychopaths. Animals (beasts) don't have RIGHTS.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Dollar to a doughnut hole the parents were zoned out in their smart phones surfing the web or texting.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Most likely the mother was just letting the kid run buck wild and the gorilla thought the kid was his. Look at the parents.

Yea i went there...

Last edited by rci2950; 05-31-2016 at 05:03 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

imo, as many of the "tree huggers" were saying, i also think they should have tried sedating the gorillia. i also agree with the zoo officials that this could have angered the gorilla and escalated the situation badly, and that the sedative take several minutes to actually take effect. if it were my call to make, id have at least tried to sedate, with 2 riflemen standing behind the one shooting the tranq dart to immediately end the situation if shit went awry. in other words, i think they could have TRIED to save the gorilla, but if the situation had to end with a dead gorilla, so be it. thats life.

that said, as ltorlo said, im sure they didnt rush to that decision haphazardly, and i know that i, nor nearly 100% of the people on either side of the argument were there making the decision, and its always easy to be a monday morning quarterback.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Imagine if the zoo officials bowed to public pressure and tried to sedate the animal. What would be the outcry if the gorilla then fell over on top of the uncontrolled, brainless child and crushed him to death?

So black lives matter until they do something stupid and endanger an animal, then animal lives matter more.

I AM SO CONFUSED!!!

You have to understand that people "go ape" when an ape is shot. Ask Jason Coats - a kid who shot and killed an attacking chimp named Suzy. He was arrested, charged with a felony, convicted, and served time. What makes this story interesting is that Suzy had a male offspring named Travis who became infamous for ripping off (I use the term literally - not as the hippies or Bernie Sanders use the term) a woman's face.

http://www.riverfronttimes.com/newsb...tus-mans-story

Zoo Security Guard Who Shot And Killed Gorilla Admits He Was Aiming For The Child

http://www.huzlers.tv/zoo-security-g...for-the-child/

This isn't the movies, you don't trank a 450 pound extremely strong and tough animal and they gently fall over less than a second after the dart penetrates. Its sad but anyone with half a brain would put more value on the child's life than the gorilla.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    This isn't the movies, you don't trank a 450 pound extremely strong and tough animal and they gently fall over less than a second after the dart penetrates. Its sad but anyone with half a brain would put more value on the child's life than the gorilla.
    And don't forget slightly agitated or at least excited.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

This presstitute feeding frenzy is merely to camouflage shit like this;
    Obama Taps Yet Another Muslim Brotherhood-Linked Official to Prominent WH Role
    http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/obam...minent-wh-role
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by deth502 View Post
    imo, as many of the "tree huggers" were saying, i also think they should have tried sedating the gorillia. i also agree with the zoo officials that this could have angered the gorilla and escalated the situation badly, and that the sedative take several minutes to actually take effect. if it were my call to make, id have at least tried to sedate, with 2 riflemen standing behind the one shooting the tranq dart to immediately end the situation if shit went awry. in other words, i think they could have TRIED to save the gorilla, but if the situation had to end with a dead gorilla, so be it. thats life.