Thread: I wonder why this isn't in the national news....

I wonder why this isn't in the national news....

As Barnes approached the second floor, where Apartment C is located, Lagahoui immediately opened fire on her with an AK-47 assault rifle.

At least six spent rounds were found near Barnes, with five rounds found elsewhere. She fired four times, Sims said.

Within a minute, Barnes called for help and returned fire.

Barnes was struck by one of the rounds at that point, then another deputy arrived and he was able to get Barnes out of there, Sims said.

Thinking the shots were firecrackers, two neighbors went outside and became face-to-face with Lagahoui.

One of them, Jason Ratliff, was shot at twice but is unharmed, Sims said.

It wasn't until 4:30 a.m., when Lagahoui returned to his apartment, that the Warren County Sheriff's Office took him into custody without incident, Sims said.
    http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news...oger/85678948/

Mohammed Abdou Laghaoui
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

Doesn't fit the agenda?

There was an "assault rifle" mentioned, but then, so was a muslim.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

From the same article above:

"Charged in the shooting incident is Mohammed Laghaoui, 19. He faces single counts of attempted aggravated murder and attempted murder and two counts of felonious assault, police said. He is scheduled to appear in court on Monday."

Muslims don't have assault weapons. Muslims don't commit acts of terrorism. Muslims don't kill people. It's just that people don't understand muslims. If any says differently, they're islamophobic and racist.

He'll be told to depart the USA, put on a plane, and sent back to the ME.

It shouldn't take him more than a month to return to the US via Mexico.

Maybe next time, people will understand him.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Could be selective reporting but most shootings don't make the national news.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Could be selective reporting but most shootings don't make the national news.
    Don't they usually make the wire services when they use an "assault rifle"?
    Columbine, Newtown, Aurora, San Bernadino - - -.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Don't they usually make the wire services when they use an "assault rifle"?
    Columbine, Newtown, Aurora, San Bernadino - - -.
    I'm not sure this incident, 11rds fired, one wounded compares to mass shootings with 12-20+ killed and many more wounded. I'm betting those would have been reported nationally whether an 'assault weapon" was used or a butter knife. The wire service doesn't dictate what is reported, it's just a feed. New sources pick and choose what they report. The Cincinnati shooting may not have been reported because the suspect had a muslim name. It may not have been reported nationally because it just wasn't a big enough story to warrant air time. I'm just saying the reason may not be what some want it to be.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I heard about this on news (I think it was a CBS) while in Georgia but the story disappeared rather quickly. I expect that when no one died the story was dropped.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

My take is the guy is a jihadster, his brother and dad tried to calm down his jihadster urge but that just inflamed the instinct to murder and armed with the favored weapon of jihad - an ak -, he shot at the leo as a muslim jihad terror attack, then goes shooting at Americans as he finds them, just doing the will of allah.

Of course those disposed to provide cover for the enemies of America will say this isn't terror or a hate crime.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Of course those disposed to provide cover for the enemies of America will say this isn't terror or a hate crime.
    Everyone who disagrees with 556's theories are anti-American terrorist supporters.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

We all know deep down the reason why it did not make the national news., period. And if you do not by now? you are a fool.

Wonder why the nightclub shooting in Orlando is being reported on since the shooter has been identified as a Muslim? Wait, maybe because he killed 20 and wounded 42 more which would make it pretty news worthy.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Yeah, I guess considering the weekend death tolls in places like Chitcago and Detoilet are pretty numbing after a while. One shooting victim, even if injured by a muslim terrorist right here in America isn't going to get the demand for action from the sheeple.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Wonder why the nightclub shooting in Orlando is being reported on since the shooter has been identified as a Muslim? Wait, maybe because he killed 20 and wounded 42 more which would make it pretty news worthy.
    Now listed as 49 fatalities, not too dissimilar to Shicago on a "good" day.

And, if you haven't heard, because of them serving liquor, The Pulse was a GFZ.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”