Thread: So the Canadian Liberals are at it again

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

So the Canadian Liberals are at it again

One of them tabled a bill a few months back and we all thought it was just because she was retiring and wanted to spit on gun owners once more before leaving. We expected it to just die. Well yesterday it was supposed to die because it had no sponsor. Antoher Liberal Picked it up. Now it won't be discussed again until the fall.

http://www.parl.gc.ca/HousePublicati...&DocId=8177232

What it would do if passed, is basically we would be only allowed to possess in our homes, .22 rimfire rifles and shotguns. The rest would have to be stored in central storage and a "transporter" (special licensed courier) would be used to move it from place to place.

Semi automatics and anything with a rifled barrel bigger then .22 Rimfire would only be allowed to use in a government approved shooting range and stored in a central lockup. We are working on Calling, writing letters and various other things now. Every time the Liberal party gets a majority government they end up fucking with gun owners in some asinine way.

Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

That's a pretty muffed up piece of legislation. Hopefully it doesn't gain any traction this fall. The gun grabbers are relentless. Unfortunately for ya'll up there, there are no centerfire firearms that are off paper, is that correct?
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    That's a pretty muffed up piece of legislation. Hopefully it doesn't gain any traction this fall. The gun grabbers are relentless. Unfortunately for ya'll up there, there are no centerfire firearms that are off paper, is that correct?
    yes the last prime minister was pro gun and he first made an amnesty so that people wouldn't be charged for not registering their firearms and then he ordered the registry deleted. So the only thing registered now is hand guns. All my rifles, carbines and shotguns are off paper. But thats not saying they wouldn't search your house for them. Having a family and small child. I would be inclined to follow the rules.

I've a sneaking suspicion that when a government says it deleted a database...... they are lying.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    yes the last prime minister was pro gun and he first made an amnesty so that people wouldn't be charged for not registering their firearms and then he ordered the registry deleted. So the only thing registered now is hand guns. All my rifles, carbines and shotguns are off paper. But thats not saying they wouldn't search your house for them. Having a family and small child. I would be inclined to follow the rules.
    Lot of wilderness in Canada. Bury them.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Well now - since the long guns are off paper - if the above legislation passes, you just might have to have a boating accident on one of the Great Lakes.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    I've a sneaking suspicion that when a government says it deleted a database...... they are lying.
    Doesn't matter. There was so much trading going on it would be worthless now. I only still own a couple that were on that registry. The rest are new and/or new to me and would have been registered to someone else.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

If that passes, that would pretty well screw up (or make it harder) to hunt any big game animals, right? If so, not only would that have a direct effect on Canadian, but would impact the hunting industry as it would be much more difficult to book a hunt by Americans, too.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Would this bill not even allow you to keep manually operated guns in your house? By that I mean your typical 30-30 lever action, and bolt action rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    If that passes, that would pretty well screw up (or make it harder) to hunt any big game animals, right? If so, not only would that have a direct effect on Canadian, but would impact the hunting industry as it would be much more difficult to book a hunt by Americans, too.
    That thought occurred to me as well, esp. where it impacts the indigenous natives. They have to be able to defend themselves from grizzlies, polar bears, wolves, etc.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

And here I thought the bullshit the liberals in America have been apewing out loud was bad... maybe it's time to come accross lake erie to Ohiya. This here's a pretty permissive mostly pro gun state, and just right accross the lake from your native land.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post
    And here I thought the bullshit the liberals in America have been apewing out loud was bad... maybe it's time to come accross lake erie to Ohiya. This here's a pretty permissive mostly pro gun state, and just right accross the lake from your native land.
    I would do just about anything to be allowed to move to the US. Be hard to do now that I have a wife and son depending on me for food and shelter.

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

I understand that problem very well. Moving my wife and kid half way accross the Country from Arkansas to Ohio was not an easy task, and times have been hard since. I can't imagine dealing with the hassel of acquiring citizenship in another country to add on top of the stress and expense of such a big move. But if you ever find yourself on my side of the lake, be sure to joller, i'll be happy to welcome you to the U.S. and take you to a field where we can really make it rain brass.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".