Thread: Hawaii gun owners will now be treated like sex offenders

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Hawaii gun owners will now be treated like sex offenders

Hawaii has become the first state to start a federal registry of gun owners, which means that the Honolulu police department will be notified when any gun-owning Hawaii gets into trouble anywhere in the country. They might as well be treated like sex offenders. I have been to Hawaii - it is definitely the most anti-gun state I've ever stepped foot in!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...?intcmp=hplnws

Hawaii signed a bill Thursday to become the first state to enter gun owners into an FBI database that will automatically notify police if an island resident is arrested anywhere else in the country.

Gov. David Ige said in a statement that the legislation is about community safety and responsible gun ownership. He said it will help law enforcement agencies protect Hawaii residents and visitors.

State Sen. Will Espero, who introduced the bill, and the Honolulu Police Department said the measure could serve as a model for other states. However, critics believe gun owners shouldn’t have to be entered in a database to practice a constitutional right.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

They always use the same terminology...it's about safety, but no one ever presses these delusional leaders of ours for a specific, logical explanation of how this will manifest itself.

And since facts logic historically prove these measure do not curb nefarious deeds of the lawless, then one can come to no other conclusion than it is not about crime but rather about controlling and registering law abiding citizens ONLY. Any 5-yr old can conclude a bad guy with a stolen gun is not going to register it any more than they will pause to do a background check while trading a stolen gun with their crackhead buddy.

Strong delusion is upon us.
    Last edited by 308; 06-24-2016 at 08:20 AM.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Sad thing is that many of my friends and family have expected me to move to Hawaii after I retired, but as much as I want to, this Haole will stay state side while they destroy the constitution. From what I have seen when looking into moving there, the true Hawaiians really don't like being part of the USA and would really like to send us Haoles packing.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

What they are doing is illegal and the SCOTUS has ruled 2 times about database creation being illegal.