Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inferno Mode Engaged!

For most of the last 2 weeks, the St. Louis, MO area has had highs in the mid-/upper-90s with heat indicies pushing 105-110.
    Later this week, the forecast calls for the highs to finally get below 90.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

96 with a 112 heat index. Better than 30 with a 20MPH north wind with a wind chill in the lower 20's. I will sweat my ass off over freezing it off.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman View Post
    96 with a 112 heat index. Better than 30 with a 20MPH north wind with a wind chill in the lower 20's. I will sweat my ass off over freezing it off.
    Agree X 1000!

108 today ain't doing shit after work

You can always either put enough on to stay warm or GET UP AND MOVE to build up some body heat. It's a LOT easier to generate "body heat" than to try and get rid of it.

High today was 83 (officially) and two neighbors and I cleaned an elderly neighbor's gutters and trimmed off a bunch of dead limbs on one of her trees. It was a much more pleasant day today than last Wednesday when the high was 98 and H.I. of108!
    Last edited by JTHunter; 06-29-2016 at 09:52 PM.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Georgia is lined up on 90° or more from today through the 5th of July. The only good news, humidity is going to be down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    You can always either put enough on to stay warm or GET UP AND MOVE to build up some body heat. It's a LOT easier to generate "body heat" than to try and get rid of it.

High today was 83 (officially) and two neighbors and I cleaned an elderly neighbor's gutters and trimmed off a bunch of dead limbs on one of her trees. It was a much more pleasant day today than last Wednesday when the high was 98 and H.I. of108!
    I have always heard that "you can always put more clothes on" phrase. What total crapola. I always hear big lazy fat ass's that smoke 2 packs a day say that. The problem is not the heat but YOU. Dealing with heat you have to acclimate.
    How to get rid of body heat?????? Drink cold water or get in it..
    There is a reason why more people live near the equator than the poles. Humans are not designed for cold weather. Cold weather sucks.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I have always heard that "you can always put more clothes on" phrase. What total crapola. I always hear big lazy fat ass's that smoke 2 packs a day say that. The problem is not the heat but YOU. Dealing with heat you have to acclimate.
    How to get rid of body heat?????? Drink cold water or get in it..
    There is a reason why more people live near the equator than the poles. Humans are not designed for cold weather. Cold weather sucks.

On average, how do you think the work ethic of those living near the equator compares to those living in cold regions?

Hot ass weather only works when you either take siestas or have slave labor. I've probably lost more brain cells standing in the heat than I have drinking, and thats saying something. When the top of your head is too hot to touch with your hand and you stop sweating you'll know what I mean.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    On average, how do you think the work ethic of those living near the equator compares to those living in cold regions?
    Work ethic near the equator? Excellent! For 1000's of years the Mayans and Egyptians were pretty extraordinary at building things which were both in the warm-to-hot climates. Show me the same in the cold-freezing climates? Eskimo's?

Work ethic near the equator? Excellent! For 1000's of years the Mayans and Egyptians were pretty extraordinary at building things which were both in the warm-to-hot climates. Show me the same in the cold-freezing climates? Eskimo's?
    More germs, parasites and insects in warmer climates. Malaria ring a bell?

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Europe, Russia, China, India, etc. If you're talking only about Antarctica and the Arctic circle than nevermind.

Remember that the west couldn't even get past the coast in places like Africa until after the industrial revolution produced steam boats, mass produced firearms, and medicine.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

I have always heard that "you can always put more clothes on" phrase. What total crapola. I always hear big lazy fat ass's that smoke 2 packs a day say that.
    Are you making unfounded, slanderous accusations here? Because I don't smoke.

How to get rid of body heat?????? Drink cold water or get in it.
    While that is a good idea, you can only drink so much water before the water itself causes problems, up to and including death.

Humans are not designed for cold weather.
    Tell that to the Inuit and others that live there year round.

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

Record for Denver...102.......hotter n a bitch wolf at a bear screw!
    Dan

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

I'll take the cool weather anytime over the heat and humidity of summer.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    I'll take the cool weather anytime over the heat and humidity of summer.
    Me too!

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Yesterday was our first 100deg day in 2 years!
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

Thought you folks in the bannana belt wuz used to that? LOL
    Dan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12