Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What the hell is up with people on youtube melting guns?

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

What the hell is up with people on youtube melting guns?

Pick any semi-auto and somewhere on youtube there is a guy shooting it until it melts, catches fire, or cooks bacon. Even drunk, it doesn't make sense to me.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Because no one is interested in a watching a guy fire 5 rounds, walk up the the target, adjust the sight, and then fire 5 more rounds.

Well I might be.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

i agree with you, I would rather not see a perfectly good firearm be destroyed.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

It's more fun to watch. And in some cases show cases how well and how long a given firearm can perform under even the highest stresses.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

fun n games until something catastrophic happens and they're wearing 8lbs of jewelry in their body.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    Pick any semi-auto and somewhere on youtube there is a guy shooting it until it melts, catches fire, or cooks bacon. Even drunk, it doesn't make sense to me.

There are quite a few videos of Kalashnikov and AR-15 type rifles. Watching the shooters and their rifle, it's obvious that they are full auto and not being "bumped".

So, what kind of guy pays God-knows how many thousands of $$$ for a transferrable full auto then proceeds to burn out the barrel and stock set?

And if they are not transferrable... then how stupid do they have to be to plaster their faces in public?
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    There are quite a few videos of Kalashnikov and AR-15 type rifles. Watching the shooters and their rifle, it's obvious that they are full auto and not being "bumped".

So, what kind of guy pays God-knows how many thousands of $$$ for a transferrable full auto then proceeds to burn out the barrel and stock set?

And if they are not transferrable... then how stupid do they have to be to plaster their faces in public?

SOT's/post sample .....
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    fun n games until something catastrophic happens and they're wearing 8lbs of jewelry in their body.

I like the home made explosion suit used by Iraqveteran8888. Looks like the dudes in "Hobo with a Shotgun".

How's this for a meltdown video

"I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Nobody was sad to see a Hipoint get tortured like that.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post
    Nobody was sad to see a Hipoint get tortured like that.
    Don't know a thing about their handguns, but their carbines are super accurate. (I don't like the "new" tactical stocks that they come in now, but the older "regular" stocked ones are much better looking.)

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one (and be perfectly happy with it).
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

A real shame, raxy would have loved that stallard with the utmost of care.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

"And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

occasionally you see a hi point pistol around here. Cheap but they work. People that like them don't seem to have any complaints. I think they are ugly AF though even if they do "Go Bang" every time
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Ouch 5.56. That's almost as bad.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

A Zinc frame, yep that accounts for the bulky nature of the Hi Points. The Saturday Night Special of Auto Pistols. Also known as Bricks with Triggers.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

I've put a 100 round c mag through my AR18 a few times in one long burp, and felt guilty at that!

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    A Zinc frame, yep that accounts for the bulky nature of the Hi Points.
    Also they are blowback operated.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    occasionally you see a hi point pistol around here. Cheap but they work. People that like them don't seem to have any complaints. I think they are ugly AF though even if they do "Go Bang" every time

Had a hunting buddy with a 9mm. We used to plink around the campfire at night. Wasn't much to look at but worked just fine.

The neighbor across the alley got a .45 for his house and I took him to the range to try it out and show him the basics. Worked just fine even decent accuracy.

Lot better than some of the Jennings and Jimenez crap I've seen that looked okay but were jam-o-matics.

If somebody were strapped for cash and wanted a cheapie that actually works I'd recommend a Hi-Point over the other gabage in that price class.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    If somebody were strapped for cash and wanted a cheapie that actually works I'd recommend a Hi-Point over the other gabage in that price class.
    Me too, as long as the price didn't go over ~$180. A Polish P-64 can be had for around ~$225, and those can actually be carried.

My thoughts have always been that for the size, weight, and capacity of a Hi-Point, you might as well get the .45acp version.

Tokerev might be a good option too. The new production 9mm Toks from Zastava look nice. Good luck finding mags though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast