Thread: Supreme Court upholds reach of US gun ban for domestic violence

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post Supreme Court upholds reach of US gun ban for domestic violence

After today, it's all historical.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I STILL say that a non felony should not be grounds to suspend a constitutional right. This shows how dicked up the court is and what is at stake if Hildabeast wins.

So by that logic the rest of your constitutional rights should be suspended too, and why stop at domestic violence, there are plenty of other misdemeanors on the books

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

My problem with DV barring one from gun ownership is that at least 2 people I know personally (and one incident witnessed) got slapped with DV and never laid a finger on their girlfriend or wife.
    Friend 1. We will call him "Richard". Him, his girlfriend and I went out drinking. When the bar closed we started walking home. His girlfriend started trying to start fights with random people for looking at her funny (probably for being a snotty loud mouth bitch). We make it to their house, and she starts yelling at us for telling her to calm the shit down. More B/S was said, then she swung at Richard. All Richard did was deflect her punch, but that caused her to bust her lip open. At this point I had seen enough and left, and urged Richard to come with me. He didn't. In my absence she called the cops and told them he hit her. He's now on record for DV.
    Friend 2. Call this one Ray. Ray and his wife got into an argument. It was late at night, and very loud, some things were broken, but nobody hit anyone. Neighbors called the cops. Cops show up, hear both stories (neither of which mentioned anyone hitting anyone, but arrest Ray. Because "we got pulled into this, so somebody's leaving tonight". Ray spends night in jail, charged with DV.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Yes it is bullshit. Women use it as a sword of Damocles to fuck with them. Law Enforcement cart blanch believes the woman and the guy is instantly fucked.