Thread: Lincoln No2 Shotgun

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Lincoln No2 Shotgun

Well, I didn't think the Stevens 311 was such a collectors item. I sold it today and the belgian side by side that i picked up a few months ago. I got $600 for the pair of them on Facebook. I paid $100 for the belgian and $200 for the stevens. I love making a profit. So because i do this every so often and shuffle the guns i went on a site that i frequent that sells reloading supplies and imports used firearms from the UK and put the money from both towards a single better one. An Italian made for the british market "Lincoln No2" It is an over and under 12 gauge that uses beretta/benelli screw in chokes. 26" barrels, It only has 2 3/4 inch chambers but that is all i use anyway. They gave free shipping and military discount as well so my overall cost was under what i got from the two sold shotguns. This is going to be a lot nicer then the Stevens i was using as my truck gun. That Stevens was as comfortable as aiming a spruce 2x4 and the belgian just never stuck to me because of its age and the delicate feel to it.

Here are some pics. I asked to see one of the choke tubes out of the gun to make sure they weren't stuck in from neglect. I am super excited to give this one a try on the crows when it comes in a week or so.

Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

I found a website selling new ones. Def not a Stevens lol

http://www.cheshiregunroom.com/lincoln-no-2-12g.html

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Very nice looking shotgun.

How does it feel when you put it to your shoulder? Does it point naturally?
    Last edited by alismith; 06-29-2016 at 06:16 PM.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Very nice looking shotgun.

How doe sit feel when you put it to your shoulder? Does it point naturally?
    I will tell you when it gets here next week. I literally JUST bought it over the phone. I am generally OK with every shotgun i have used. Some better then others. I am hoping this is a better one. The stevens was terrible.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    I will tell you when it gets here next week. I literally JUST bought it over the phone. I am generally OK with every shotgun i have used. Some better then others. I am hoping this is a better one. The stevens was terrible.
    Stevens shotguns tend to come up naturally for me. I guess the pitch is just right for my line of sight.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I love the wood in the stock. Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    I love the wood in the stock. Very nice!
    yes i am going to try and bring that up a bit. There is a lot of dirt in it and little marks. steam will be the thing. I am wondering about that discoloured receiver as well. its not a big deal but i wonder if there is anything i can do to fix that...

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

Metal and wood fit looks solid....you should be fine!
    Dan

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Nice looking gun!
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I like it. Can't wait to hear how it shoots.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Nice looking gun.
    RCI - I started off with a Mossberg 500 pump over 30 years ago, which I still have. But, as was so often with my hunting trips, I was either shooting at two different animals (rabbits/quail) OR two different ranges (pheasant close & far). A couple of years later, I came across a Stevens 311 side by side with double triggers & a 3" chamber at a LGS near here. I don't remember what I paid for it back then but I took it around the corner to a gunsmith I knew and asked him to check it out. It was in good shape BUT it had fixed chokes (F/M). After talking it over with the 'smith, I had him bore it out and put in screw-in tubes. With tubes ranging from Skeet 1 to Full (4 in all), it has been my "go-to" gun ever since.
    Some years later, I learned that the Stevens 511 was the 311 with screw-in tubes!
    Love that gun!
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

The Lincoln double showed up today. What a gem. I am impressed. The gun looks better in person then the pictures and it is really light. A lot lighter then i thought it would be. Most importantly when i close my eyes and shoulder it. Then open my eyes i am looking up the barrel at the bead properly. It gives me butter flies in my stomach like a teen at a school dance. I am just itching to get out and try it.