Thread: Kreb's safety and MAK-90s

Kreb's safety and MAK-90s

It had been a while since I had last visited the forum, so I was doing a little catching up going through the different sections. I ran across a thread asking how to change out the regular safety because the OP wanted to install a Kreb's version. The thought hit me, "Would that even work for a Type 56 or MAK-90?" From what I know about Kreb's, their parts are designed for Russian/East Euro ComBloc weapons. So, would a Kreb's Model VI safety work in a Type 56/MAK-90, since they have thicker receivers?

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Lightbulb

Good question. There is a .6 mm (if I remember my stats correctly) difference in the wall thickness of Chinese vs. European AKM receivers. 1.0 for "others" vs. 1.6 mm for Chinese. Having sold my Chicom rifle 20 years ago I can't go check it out. Probably the Euro model could be altered to make it fit. Then again calling Krebs they just might have a specific Chicom model available or know how to make it fit.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Good question. There is a .6 mm (if I remember my stats correctly) difference in the wall thickness of Chinese vs. European AKM receivers. 1.0 for "others" vs. 1.6 mm for Chinese. Having sold my Chicom rifle 20 years ago I can't go check it out. Probably the Euro model could be altered to make it fit. Then again calling Krebs they just might have a specific Chicom model available or know how to make it fit.

Interesting. Somehow I didn't realize that.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"