Thread: And now Isis has shot down a Russian chopper killing two pilots.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

And now Isis has shot down a Russian chopper killing two pilots.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...copter-8386231

I wonder if, when the Ruskies retaliate, we will have planes tailing them like we have recently. I wish we would leave Ivan alone.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I don't really get Russia's mindset in the ME. First, they sell weapons to Iran, who gives them to ISIS. Secondly, they turn around and help Syria fight the same terrorists ,whom they help arm.

Doesn't make sense to me. If they're going to fight ISIS, then stop selling arms to Iran. If they're going to support ISIS, then stop fighting them.

Weird.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Wow, never thought of that. But then again, our gubment does that as well.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    What better way to find out that your weapon systems work than to try them against an "enemy" that really can't fight back.

Of course, like the shooting down of one of our F-117A Stealth planes, every now and then the enemy gets lucky.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

i hope russia tests some new terrible munitions on the goat fuckers
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Plus they are making money on both sides, AND get to try their latest systems on one of the sides.

BISHOP

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post
    Plus they are making money on both sides, AND get to try their latest systems on one of the sides.

BISHOP
    Obviously, they need a little more work on their helicopter defense systems....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Unlike us, maybe Putin would take the initiative and clean (with radiation) Mecca and Medina. Getting the head of the snake might knock the wind out of its sails.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    I don't really get Russia's mindset in the ME. First, they sell weapons to Iran, who gives them to ISIS. Secondly, they turn around and help Syria fight the same terrorists ,whom they help arm.

Doesn't make sense to me. If they're going to fight ISIS, then stop selling arms to Iran. If they're going to support ISIS, then stop fighting them.

Weird.

Russia has had relations with Syria since Soviet times, and when Reagan was president they were even prepared to strike the US with nukes if Reagan ordered an attack on Syria like he did on Libya. So they're pretty tight. Also, Iran doesn't supply arms to isis, 0bama, the Saudis, Gulf States, and Turkey does, as well as Israel. Israel even fixes their fighters that get wounded. Iran is helping Syria and Yemen against the Saudis and isis/NATO/0bama and is a huge trading partner with Russia since the ayatollah came to power courtesy of the cia. That being said, isis and the rest of the muslim groups and states are just that, muslim, and I doubt if in the end they really care much about what specific kind of muslim takes over the world as long as it's a muslim - so the entire world may be subject to being played by muslims. Meaning if they can get the major powers to fight and destroy each other they may have an easier time creating a global caliphate.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"